1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need help making a decision

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Haste, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Jan 23, 2015 at 8:52 AM
    Haste

Haste [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    So. Maine
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite Mica TRD Sport Long Bed
    So I'm stuck, I've been reading through the forum for DAYS now trying to decide what I want to do to solve my rack problem. Heres the situation:

I need to haul the following: 2 10' Kayaks, snowboard/skis, hunting gear, and a dog. Not all at the same time, but for at least 5 months a year I'll have the 2 kayaks, hunting gear, and dog.

Here is what I'm contemplating.

1. An OEM Roof rack for the 2 kayaks combing with either a dog box for the bed or a in bed basket rack completed with mounted plano box for the shotguns/rifles, water storage for the pup, and enough room for 24-36 decoys, layout blinds etc.

2. A tan soft topper with an external bed rack for the kayaks, layout blinds with water storage on the sides, dog area in the bed under the softtopper and enough room for decoys

Unfortunately a 700-1000 roof rack for the double cab is not in my price range so that isn't an option at this time, but if you have other suggestions let me know, pictures are always appreciated.

2. Jan 23, 2015 at 9:06 AM
    Fifthwind

Fifthwind Master of None

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Vehicle:
    Scully
    Barcelona Red 09 DCOR- Icon 2.5" ECOs w/CDC - 14" 700lb, ICON 2.0 RR Ext rears, AP EXPO pack, Diff Wedge, Diff and Skid Drop, Discoverer S/T 255/85/16, Ride-Rite Bags w/ Daystars, ARB Bull/winch Bumper, Warn 8k, ARB CMK12, Budbuilt skids, BAMF bolt on sliders BAMF diff diaper, bedlights, hoodlights, BAMF CB, etc.
  3. Jan 23, 2015 at 9:15 AM
    Haste

Haste [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    So. Maine
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite Mica TRD Sport Long Bed
    Yeah I've looked at those, they would probably accomplish what I want but thats something that would probably have to stay on all the time and I was hoping for something a little more temporary so when I don't need all my crap I don't have to have some big contractor rack on there.

And I like the overland look and functionality. Having a back rack and a tent may come in handy for some northwoods camping trips.

Products Discussed in

To Top