1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

tips for getting fender flares repainted-Impulse red pearl

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by bob4hannah, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Jan 26, 2015 at 6:33 AM
    bob4hannah

bob4hannah [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Ca
    Vehicle:
    06 DCLB 4x4
    Impulse red pearl fender flares need repainting-anyone else had this done?

2. Jan 26, 2015 at 6:40 AM
    Wiggins

Wiggins Well-Known Member

Member:
    Jacksonville
    Vehicle:
    14 MGM DCSB 4x4 TRD OR
    TRD Sport Hood, ICON 3" Lift - 700lb coils, Total Chaos UCAs 5% Tinted Windows Crystal Front Window Film 2.5 resi shocks front and rear, dakar leaf packs Wheelers Bump Stops All-Pro Offroad APEX Front Plate Bumper, PIAA Fog Lights, PIAA Fog Lights, Black Line-X All-Pro Offroad Skid Plates, Black Line-X All-Pro Offroad APEX Rear Plate Bumper, Side Armor for Plate, Hidden Receiver Hitch, Black All-Pro Offroad APEX Sliders,Line-X All-Pro Offroad APEX Pack Rack, Black Line-X, 16" height ScanTool 427201 OBDLink LX Bluetooth Hankook Dynapro ATM 285/75/16 Vision Manx 16"x8" rims, 4.5" Backspacing Warn M8000-s Winch, Factor55 Flatlink, Factor55 1" Hawse Fairlead RIGID Industries Ditch Lights Tractor Supply Bed Box 260amp H.O. Alternator Big 3 Cable Replacement NorthStar AGM34 battery Pelfreybilt Battery Cage Plefreybilt Fuse Plate BlueSea fuse block Kenwood TS-B2000 Short Wave Radio, Remote face, Pack Rack Mounted Antenna Uniden Bearcat CB Cab Mount Chop (BAMF Inserts) TODO: ARB Air System ARB Rear Air Locker w/ 4.88 gears ARB Front Air Locker w/ 4.88 gears HID Retrofit Headlights Rigid Industries RDS-Series 54" Midnight Edition LED Rigid Industries R2-46 Combo Round Light (x2)
    Just take them off of the truck and go to a reputable local body shop to have the work done.

Do you have a specific question about getting your truck's fender flares repainted?

3. Jan 26, 2015 at 6:43 AM
    Boerseun

Boerseun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ferdie
    Sarasota, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra TRD Sport 4x4
    Upgraded 2002 Tacoma to 2018 Tundra
    I had mine painted. The guy who painted it screwed up, so now they are fading. It was not done right the first time (there was sand/dust under the clear coat on 3 of them), so I had him redo those 3, and my guess is that the second time he did not clear coat it right because the one that was not redone is the only one that still looks good.
    Mine was factory painted. If yours are not painted, black plastic, make sure you apply an adhesion promoter primer first.
    It certainly is doable; just make sure it is done right.

4. Jan 26, 2015 at 9:20 PM
    bob4hannah

bob4hannah [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Ca
    Vehicle:
    06 DCLB 4x4
    I also need the front bumper done. I got e today for $2000.00 to do 4 flares and the bumper. They would remove and install. I don't want to spend that much. Is it very difficult to remove flares and reinstall them?

5. Jan 26, 2015 at 9:58 PM
    Trucko

Trucko Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Summit County Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    arb bull bar Smittybulit 9.5 winch topper shell with yakima basket piaa lights toytec boss coilovers Dakar leaf pack with boss shocks 28/75/16 bfg at ko2 Midland CB Home made trailer with CVT Mount Rainer tent and max coupler hitch
    Only $0.02 I have is to take them off carefully and not to break any of the plastic tabs on the fenders themselves. I just had mine painted and i broke one on accident so it is easy to do. Re install is super easy but the clips are not cheap imo.

6. Jan 26, 2015 at 10:25 PM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    not so low, not so slow 2006 6 lug
    stockish
    be much cheaper to have them bedlined

Products Discussed in