Notices

Cab mount chop template .pdf?

Old 01-26-2015, 10:35 AM   #1
Cascadian
SeaToSky is on a distinguished road

Name: Travis
SeaToSky's Tacoma Gallery
Cab mount chop template .pdf?

Is there .pdf files of the cab mount chop plate?
Was thinking it would be nice if I could just print out a template and have it pre-cut to make the chop quicker to fill, rather than cutting then tracing it out...
I'm not even sure if that would work while keeping the correct size or not, just hoping to save some time when doing the job.

Feel free to let me know if I'm an idiot for asking, or if this is already an easy enough job that no one has even bothered to do so...
Thanks, Travis
Old 01-26-2015, 10:45 AM   #2
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Don't think so. People have them but doubt they'll put it in a pdf as they sell them, there's different ways to do it not really a right way . Just go for it .
Old 01-26-2015, 10:53 AM   #3
txmxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtxmxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtxmxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtxmxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtxmxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtxmxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtxmxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtxmxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtxmxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtxmxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtxmxer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
txmxer's Tacoma Gallery
jeffz0rz sells the plates and so does another member or shop I cant think of, precut for the chop, might be easier.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:18 PM   #4
Señor Member
PSU Taco85 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSU Taco85 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSU Taco85 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSU Taco85 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSU Taco85 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSU Taco85 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSU Taco85 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSU Taco85 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSU Taco85 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSU Taco85 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSU Taco85 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: optional
PSU Taco85's Tacoma Gallery
seems like a waste IMO, some people sell the plates to reweld back in but that means you have to make your cut exactly to conform to the plate.

I've done a couple chops and I just cut it out then use cardboard to make a template and trace it onto a peice of metal then cut it out. Takes about 5 minutes to make the pieces custom fit for your cut.
Old 01-27-2015, 11:07 PM   #5
Cascadian
SeaToSky is on a distinguished road

Name: Travis
SeaToSky's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the pointers fellas! I have full metal shop at work, so not worried about trying to make it easier, just wondering if I could save myself some time. Sounds like it'll just be a simple cut, trace and patch.

Cheers