1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New 2015 options!? Trading my 2013 :(

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Konvict KROG, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Jan 30, 2015 at 11:51 AM
    Konvict KROG

Konvict KROG [OP] Live Free or Die Trying

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Old Toyota's, Power Wagon, and a Tacoma
    Traded the 2015 TRD Pro 6spd Supercharged on a PowerWagon and could not be happier. My 2011 Tacoma with the TX Baja package (Added by me) is still treating me great. My 1985 Toyota never skips a beat.
    I AM HAVE A NEW BABY! Unfortunately that means my truck will no longer do.

I need to go to a DC, as much as I hate the SB I want the OR features I have grown to love. I am deployed to Afghanistan and return in hopefully May. I am looking to order the truck I want and have it ready to go when I get back.

I Love my 2013 Access Cab 6sp, added Baja suspension and some stuff. 23k miles later I wish I could keep it.

So immediately I wanted the 2015 TRD PRO Double cab with 6spd in Inferno orange. Not only is it hard to find one, Toyota dealers are adding shit to them and they end up close to 40k asking price. So far, every dealer has tried to get me to accept an automatic. I really do not want one. There are 2 dealers who have said they will order one and its looking like 39k with a deposit.

After the headache and not knowing etc. I put together a second option. And now, I am leaning this way. I just need to find the right dealer. Let me know what you guys think!?

Also added a picture of my current truck. I don't want to get rid of it.. I am probably going to trade it in. But I might thing about trying to sell it private party.

Base MSRP $27155

4x4 Double Cab V6 6-Spd Manual

OC TRD Off-Road Extra Value Package: $3280

TW V6 Tow Package for Off-Road Package: $650

EE Entune Premium Audio with Navigation $1,265

DoorsillProtector $89

FramelessAuto Dimming Mirror w/Homelink $299

DEALERINSTALLED OPTIONS

TRDSUPERCHARGER (PTR29-35090) MAIN UNIT

AND FIT KIT (PTR29-35120) … TOGETHER TOYOTA OF DALLAS SELLS @ 9%DISCOUNT FOR $4290

PLUSINSTALATION $1500

TOTALMSRP W HANDLING FEE APPROX $38,528

dhhdfsghfsghfsghfgs.jpg

2. Jan 30, 2015 at 11:52 AM
    Konvict KROG

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Traded the 2015 TRD Pro 6spd Supercharged on a PowerWagon and could not be happier. My 2011 Tacoma with the TX Baja package (Added by me) is still treating me great. My 1985 Toyota never skips a beat.
    Also, I forgot how to embed pictures..

3. Jan 30, 2015 at 11:57 AM
    cyakker

cyakker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    SD (at least we're not Mars)
    Vehicle:
    2015 AC, TRD-OR, V6
    If any dealer is discusses adding TRD Offroad package to a TRD Pro, time to hang up the phone.

The TRD Pro is "default" with a bunch of OR package style stuff. And because of the limited run and dealer allocations, I'd think it'd be next to impossible to get one in a manual trans. My $.02.

4. Jan 30, 2015 at 12:05 PM
    Konvict KROG

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    So far both dealers for the PRO have said they can put in the order, one is the largest in the region so they probably have a better chance. The chances of one actually being allocated though.. Probably not very good. If I'm getting a pro then it will be Inferno. That is half of the selling point.

The second option, which I am leaning towards is the TRD Offroad base with a supercharger added. Then I would install the TRD Baja suspension I have on my 2013 (putting stock Offroad back on the 13) and minus the look good and exhaust.. Have virtually the same thing. I don't really care for the Softex seats either way.

5. Jan 30, 2015 at 12:09 PM
    Konvict KROG

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    I have located about 30 of them. One dealer is getting about 8 in the future. So far they are ALL automatics. Lame.

6. Jan 30, 2015 at 12:11 PM
    TexAggie

TexAggie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    OME Lift
    You can get softex in a TRD, I just did what you did as my 13 had 90k on it. I prefer the sport but got the softex this time as the fabric doesn't work for me. Good luck!

7. Jan 30, 2015 at 12:13 PM
    Konvict KROG

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    I have really thought about that too. But that is a LONG truck, I have never personally taken one off road, but the difference in wheelbase for my play trucks 102, 106, 112 in the past to my Access cab makes a noticeable difference.

And then my last house would have been fine, but now my 21 ft trailer and Access cab together don't have much wiggle room front to back.

How bad is the turning radius affected?

8. Jan 30, 2015 at 12:15 PM
    Konvict KROG

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Also, they don't have the option of 6spd in the DCLB... that's a deal breaker. No more AUTO's for me.

9. Jan 30, 2015 at 12:16 PM
    Konvict KROG

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    The fabric is a little lame, but I love my ballistic seat covers so it really makes no difference to me. I wouldn't mind it, but I also would not pay extra for it by choice.

Thanks for the info anyway :)

10. Jan 30, 2015 at 12:32 PM
    Lv4Tacos

Lv4Tacos Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mn
    Vehicle:
    2015 Base AC 4x4
    None
    OP: According to cars.com Rodland Toyota, Everett, WA has what your looking for. Tacoma Pro DCSB in inferno, 6sp manual and priced at $38,310.

Good Luck

11. Jan 30, 2015 at 12:34 PM
    TexAggie

TexAggie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    OME Lift
    Also I bought my 15 DCSB 4x4 with priemium sound/nav softex tow package automatic for $35k out the door. If you want I'll give you my salesman info it might save you a some. The dealers in Enid OK.

12. Jan 30, 2015 at 12:35 PM
    Konvict KROG

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    That is a LONG way from NC :) I would probably jump on it if I could, but 24hr drive, gas-hotels, convincing the wife and the miles on the trade in truck.. haha

Thank you. That is the first one I have seen and the first one at the "correct" price!

13. Jan 30, 2015 at 2:10 PM
    LEBM

LEBM Thread Killer

Member:
    Eleanor, WV
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD PRO 6MT Midnight Black
    Man, what's keeping from getting a TRD Pro is the fact we're having a baby. I can't envision it being easy to get the baby into the baby seat.

14. Jan 30, 2015 at 2:23 PM
    Konvict KROG

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    I was thinking TRD Pro Tundra mega cab.. But its Auto, more expensive... not actually very good for the off-roading I do and its as big as a small house.

Then I was thinking TRD Pro 4runner.. Its auto, which I could live with in that interior.. BUT it can't pull my trailer.

SO back to the Tacoma. Baby seat may be a little tight in the Tacoma DCSB but it does not fit safely at all in my Access cab! LOL

15. Jan 30, 2015 at 2:28 PM
    Konvict KROG

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    and I remembered how! Here is my truck now with all the derp removed.

[​IMG]

16. Jan 30, 2015 at 2:29 PM
    LEBM

LEBM Thread Killer

Member:
    Eleanor, WV
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD PRO 6MT Midnight Black
    Roger that on the Access Cab. And I was thinking more of the lifting the baby up into a lifted truck! I'm probably just a wimp...

17. Jan 30, 2015 at 2:36 PM
    Konvict KROG

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Oh yes.. I am sure my wife will not like it. She is only 5'0"

But she has the 2014 Corolla. Which is slow as hell but actually a pretty nice ride. It is the S plus premium. however many names they gave it to say its a 6spd with a hamster wheel, and loaded. We drove it loaded to the gills 1200 miles and averaged a tad over 41 mpg

But I am a little over 6' 01" seem to get shorter every year. I don't think it will bother me as much as a full size trucks bedsides would!

18. Jan 30, 2015 at 2:58 PM
    nd4spdbh

nd4spdbh Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB TRD OR v6 Auto
    dont even bother with the pro.... its an over priced TRD OR... as its simply the TRD OR with different shocks and some styling changes.

In my opinion wait till the 2016 specs are released and get one of those!

19. Jan 30, 2015 at 3:14 PM
    Sterdog

Sterdog Offline

Member:
    First Name:
    I am Groot
    People's Democratic Republic of Canuckistan
    Vehicle:
    15 FoST
    Are you buying this truck cash? Only certain dealers will allow you to finance the S/C into the truck.

Also the TRD Pro RARELY comes with the tow package and manual transmission. With either of those things missing it probably won't tow your trailer if a 4Runner won't or you won't want it. I'd point out that the overall impression is that the automatic is more reliable on these trucks, but if you're a stick only guy I understand.

Just a few thoughts there.

20. Jan 30, 2015 at 3:25 PM
    Konvict KROG

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    I agree to a point. The suspension, just like the BAJA package before is cheaper to add to a OR, wheels and tires plus suspension to be identical minus stickers was cheaper for a BAJA. Now for a PRO they added more things to the package. Yes, 90% is look good, but if they are all something you want then in this case the whole is cheaper than the parts.

In this case, I LOVE that Inferno color. Grill is cool, but not worth 500 bones. The TRD quickshifter is no longer included. Exhaust is no longer included, but with the savings I would get a different brand. Softex, I could care less either way but if you wanted the leatherette it is part of it, Floor mats, again I don't care I have weather tech's. Badges are cool, no point in them if not on the truck originally. And the suspension. I love the suspension, I have the BAJA suspension now and would never go back! Its only 1500 in parts. Rims and tires rounds it out, and Toyota has them listed on the website as forged. Ones available from TRD aftermarket are cast, but a 2000 dollar option is hardly worth it. There are any number of options here otherwise.

SO for the money. Only based on the money I would be better getting the s/c OR :) But that color... IF it can be had with 6spd.. :)

Products Discussed in

To Top