1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Camper Outfitting

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by cmanning, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Feb 1, 2015 at 3:17 PM
    cmanning

cmanning [OP] New Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma
    Hey, I'm new here, first time on a forum but I'm going to outfit the bed of my 2007 Tacoma in a similar fashion to this one: http://www.bajataco.com/Camper1.html

I purchased an ARE topper and I'm ready to get going on the innards. But, I'm completely new to this and was hoping for some guidance. Bunch of questions here . . .

First, I want to install a solid state dry cell battery for 12v power for a mini fridge, fan, electric blanket, small air compressor, laptop/iPad charger, etc. I found this National Luna split charger kit: http://www.nationalluna.com/Datasheets/Split-charge manual.pdf. Anyone have experience setting this up? Also, I have a red top Optima battery but could use a recommendation for the accessory battery.

Second, anyone have feedback regarding reliable components:
    Fan
    Mini Fridge
    Air Compressor
    LED Lights

Cheers,

Curtis

2. Feb 1, 2015 at 5:14 PM
    neverstuck

neverstuck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vancouver Island
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB sport
    slide-in camper, OME Nitros w 884's and Dakars, Michelin A/T2, Pro EFX heated towing mirrors, Timbren HD bumpstops, KB VooDoo bed rails and tailgate cap, ImMrYo rvm bracket, G-Tek Fab door sill protectors, Ultragauge, window visors, hood deflector, Wet Okole seatcovers, in-vehicle safe.
    viair 88p air compressor.
    a fridge and electric blanket running on a battery? That sounds a little unrealistic to me but maybe I'm out to lunch here.
    ARB makes good coolers for offered expedition use. Or go cheap and but an electric coleman cooler http://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-4...-Cooler-with-Power-Cord-Black-Silver/21156022

I suggest an actual camper if you want all those comforts. (slide-in truck camper as opposed to a canopy that you Americans call a camper.

3. Feb 1, 2015 at 9:34 PM
    Shineman

Shineman Jim

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Apple Valley, MN
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma 4WD man trans
    A battery simply will not power all the accessories you've mentioned. Why not buy a Honda or similar portable small generator? The new ones are quiet, very efficient, and not very expensive.

Products Discussed in

To Top