1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cant find a nice looking Cap/topper!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by olihallowes, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Feb 6, 2015 at 8:19 PM
    olihallowes

olihallowes [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hi all,

Just bought a beautiful black 2013 tacoma double cab 4x4 regular bed. Im currently trying to decide on whether to get a topper or a hard tonneau for the bed.

I am a videographer and carry around lots of peli cases so thought a topper would prob be the best bet. However i am struggling to find one that will do the truck justice in the looks dept.

Ideally i'd like it to have no side windows and be cooler coded with the rest of the truck. It also needs to be pretty secure, so must come with a good locking system. Does anyone out there know of any companies that custom make these caps?

Alternatively what would be better rolling hard tonneau or folding hard tonneau.? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

2. Feb 6, 2015 at 8:39 PM
    MadDaddy

MadDaddy Pork Rind Extraordinaire

Member:
    53 Miles West of Venus
    Many & varied
  3. Feb 6, 2015 at 8:47 PM
    MightyYota

MightyYota Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Texas Edition 4x4
    ARE CX Camper
    I bought an ARE CX series - wish I had bought the VX series instead because it sits on top of the bed rails instead of over them. It looks good other than that to me. YMMW

4. Feb 6, 2015 at 8:47 PM
    TacoGlenn

TacoGlenn Nobody Makes a Monkey Outta Me!

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    '13 MGMAC 2.7L SR5
    Hellwig 1251's, Leer 122, Kahtec smart stop delay flashing 3rd brake light, de-chromed, de-badged, WeatherTech mats, WeatherTech side window deflectors,
    Sounds like you want a commercial type of top more than a recreation type, see:
    http://www.leer.com/dcc
    http://www.4are.com/fleet/
    http://www.snugtopcommercial.com/

5. Feb 6, 2015 at 8:56 PM
    Luke01

Luke01 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Dallas, TX
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma DCSB MGM lifted dented and armored
    Grillcraft Grill, Leer 100q top, 5100's on four corners, OME 885x up front, OME Dakars with add a leaf in rear, Lighting, a mix of Rigid and Chinese LED's, US Off Road hidden winch front bumper, SOS offroad conceprs skids, and rear bumper with swing out
    You will want side doors or a bed slide if you are pulling gear in and out on a regular basis. It never fails that one box or tool you need will find its way into the front corner of the bed when you need it the most. I am looking at adding windoors or a bed slide to my truck soon.

6. Feb 6, 2015 at 9:05 PM
    23Skidoo

23Skidoo A thirsty fish

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    https://youtu.be/xvFZjo5PgG0
    Vehicle:
    meme
    The Snugtop pro fiberglass cap starts at $1800 and with solid windors, the Leer fiberglass commercial cap starts at $1300 and has no side windows. The Snugtop is only slightly more expensive by the time you add windors to the Leer, both are good caps imo. No more secure than the cab other than no one can see in the cap if you have solid door/windors.

Products Discussed in

To Top