Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

I accidentally hit the switch for the electronic LSD

Old 02-13-2015, 10:35 AM   #1
Arminius is on a distinguished road
Navy:
Arminius's Tacoma Gallery
I accidentally hit the switch for the electronic LSD

I had to get something out of the little pop-out drawer on the lower left dashboard and accidentally hit the switch to disengage the normal traction control and engage the electronic LSD. I was going way faster than you're supposed to when you engage it. About 45 MPH. As soon as I noticed I hit the switch again to set things right. It was maybe 2 to 3 minutes before I noticed the idiot light.

Do you think I hurt anything?
Old 02-13-2015, 10:41 AM   #4
rcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcsb jon's Tacoma Gallery
Only thing it does is use your rear brakes to simulate a mechanical LSD... only time that works is when your wheels spin at different rates

There is no max speed for it
Old 02-13-2015, 11:19 AM   #5
nd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
nd4spdbh's Tacoma Gallery
the vsc turns back on at 35 mph if you just tapped it.... theres no harm you can cause by pushing that button while moving.
Old 02-13-2015, 11:21 AM   #6
rcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcsb jon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4spdbh View Post
the vsc turns back on at 35 mph if you just tapped it.... theres no harm you can cause by pushing that button while moving.
LSD/Traction control is what he hit

VSC is a 3-5 sec hold to turn that off, different button
Old 02-13-2015, 11:42 AM   #7
Larueminati is on a distinguished road
Larueminati's Tacoma Gallery
If the roads are wet/snow covered at all I always use the electronic LSD. The auto-lsd mode works great, not to mention I cannot stand when the electronics regulate the engine output as it does in the standard operating mode.

As stated above you can use it at any speed.
Old 02-13-2015, 11:49 AM   #8
It wasn't a rock...
Rock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christian
Rock Lobster's Tacoma Gallery
Nothing happened...your truck is fine. Pushing the button doesn't do anything mechanically.
Old 02-13-2015, 11:54 AM   #9
js312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjs312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjs312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjs312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjs312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjs312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjs312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjs312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjs312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjs312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjs312 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
js312's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larueminati View Post
If the roads are wet/snow covered at all I always use the electronic LSD. The auto-lsd mode works great, not to mention I cannot stand when the electronics regulate the engine output as it does in the standard operating mode.

As stated above you can use it at any speed.
Me too. Snow or rain and I hit that button before I go anywhere.

Unless I'm using 4-Hi, in which case it's already that way anyway.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:15 PM   #10
near the Tannhauser Gate
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsb jon View Post

uh no
Old 02-13-2015, 12:18 PM   #11
It wasn't a rock...
Rock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

Same button. Push and let go for ALSD then push and hold to turn it all off.
Old 02-13-2015, 01:50 PM   #12
js312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjs312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjs312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjs312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjs312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjs312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjs312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjs312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjs312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjs312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjs312 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
js312's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Lobster View Post
push and hold to turn it all off.
...and only while stopped (at least for my 2011)
Old 02-13-2015, 09:13 PM   #13
It wasn't a rock...

Quote:
Originally Posted by js312 View Post
...and only while stopped (at least for my 2011)
Correct.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:48 PM   #14
near the Tannhauser Gate
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Thanks for your neg rep however it's your post here that is inaccurate and worthless , it's the same button duh
Old 02-13-2015, 09:52 PM   #15
WTF! I told your mom to use chunky NOT creamy!
Sold My Subaru is one of the sharper tools in the shedSold My Subaru is one of the sharper tools in the shedSold My Subaru is one of the sharper tools in the shedSold My Subaru is one of the sharper tools in the shedSold My Subaru is one of the sharper tools in the shedSold My Subaru is one of the sharper tools in the shedSold My Subaru is one of the sharper tools in the shedSold My Subaru is one of the sharper tools in the shedSold My Subaru is one of the sharper tools in the shedSold My Subaru is one of the sharper tools in the shedSold My Subaru is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Wildland
Sold My Subaru's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Thanks for your neg rep however it's your post here that is inaccurate and worthless , it's the same button duh
Dang. Dinged for being quick on the draw OZ?
Old 02-13-2015, 09:58 PM   #16
neverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
neverstuck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arminius View Post
I had to get something out of the little pop-out drawer on the lower left dashboard and accidentally hit the switch to disengage the normal traction control and engage the electronic LSD. I was going way faster than you're supposed to when you engage it. About 45 MPH. As soon as I noticed I hit the switch again to set things right. It was maybe 2 to 3 minutes before I noticed the idiot light.

Do you think I hurt anything?
The electronic LSD is always on unless you push and hold that button.

When the button is not pushed you still have eLSD but the rear tires will only move as fast as the truck can. When you push the button, it no longer limits the power to wheels that are spinning without traction so you can give it more gas and both wheels will spin whether the truck is moving fwd or not.
Old 02-13-2015, 10:02 PM   #18
WTF! I told your mom to use chunky NOT creamy!
Sold My Subaru is one of the sharper tools in the shedSold My Subaru is one of the sharper tools in the shedSold My Subaru is one of the sharper tools in the shedSold My Subaru is one of the sharper tools in the shedSold My Subaru is one of the sharper tools in the shedSold My Subaru is one of the sharper tools in the shedSold My Subaru is one of the sharper tools in the shedSold My Subaru is one of the sharper tools in the shedSold My Subaru is one of the sharper tools in the shedSold My Subaru is one of the sharper tools in the shedSold My Subaru is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Wildland
Sold My Subaru's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neverstuck View Post
The electronic LSD is always on unless you push and hold that button.

When the button is not pushed you still have eLSD but the rear tires will only move as fast as the truck can. When you push the button, it no longer limits the power to wheels that are spinning without traction so you can give it more gas and both wheels will spin whether the truck is moving fwd or not.
Yah what this guy said. You should just keep hitting buttons, worrying about it and post on here OP instead of reading your manual.

I mean it's not like any of us have anything better to do on a Friday night.
Old 02-13-2015, 10:10 PM   #19
Badger of Death
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
uh no
reported
Old 02-13-2015, 10:15 PM   #20
It wasn't a rock...

Quote:
Cool your maple jets. It's neutral rep.