1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

REAR LEAF SPRING RECALL #E12 GOODNESS

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Muskwa, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Feb 24, 2015 at 3:00 PM
    ThomasMore66

ThomasMore66 We can't stop here, this is bat country!

Member:
    Dallas/Fort Worth & Durango
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged 2013 TRD Offroad 4wd
    TRD Supercharger, TRD exhaust, Leather seats, running boards removed (why it came with them I cannot imagine), Salex organizers, BAMF behind-the-grill light bar, Rigid SR-20 and SR-Q - Spots mounted behind stock grill, color-matched grill, WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit floor mats, Tech Deck, Avid bolt-on slider/step converted to weld on by TW member Achirdo, Diaz Fabrication Model T, Icon Stage 4 with OME Dakar rear leaf springs, OME Driveshaft spacer, Toytec 1" Front Diff Drop, FN BFD 18"x9" GMG Wheels, BFG KO2 285-65-18 tires, Ultragauge mounted above mirror, Tuffy Box lockable storage, MattGecko rear window security bar, Relentless Fab tailgate protector, CSJumper 700 lumen flood pattern back-up LED's, modified BeeRadd under-hood lighting with two KC Cyclones; KB Voodoo cargo management system and standard rails, AllPro hi-lift jack mount, 48" hi-lift, RCI Metalworks aluminum front skid, Flyzeye 3VP-RS in glovebox and console, AFE CAI, Coupe fuse box cover, battery hold-down bracket and CAI air-box cover, Wurton pod led's installed as bed lights on Lowbrow Customs motorcycle fork brake line aluminum brackets, Pop-n-Lock PL5400, Extang Solidfold 2.0, Rechelon Retro's, Moromoto LED fogs, URD Y-pipe, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, Speedhut AFR and Boost gauges, Cravenspeed gauge holder, CMC by Tandem Automotive, 70mm throttle body, CSF radiator, Doug Thorley shorties, Vibrant 7101 cats, SOS Offroad front and rear bumpers, Smoothflow 2.5” SC pulley, Steeda SC belt tensioner, roostfactor belt wrap kit, switch Pro 9100 in custom Tandem Automotive holder, WAT trans valvebody, FIC 650cc injectors, HP Tuner.
    My Dakars are great; they hold up everything. Sometimes they get a little squeaky, but a little cleaning and some weight, and they're good to go.

2. Feb 24, 2015 at 3:06 PM
    Gincoma

Gincoma Special Edition Member

Member:
    Salt Lake City UT
    Vehicle:
    RIPieces 2005 Tacoma, adios 2011 :'(
    Factory Monster Truck Package with reverse gear.
    completly false info right their.

hemitruk likes this.
  3. Feb 24, 2015 at 4:44 PM
    SpeedwayTaco160

SpeedwayTaco160 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Killeen TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Sport SWB DCSB
    my 2010 has 3. Got it from the dealer that way, couldn't get the TSB

4. Mar 9, 2015 at 11:26 AM
    Muskwa

Muskwa [OP] I don't roll on Saturday

Member:
    First Name:
    Carl
    In a van down by the river
    Vehicle:
    08 DC SB SR5 TRD OFF ROAD
    Does anyone know the part # for the 4 leaf pack that will fit my '08 DC SR5 TRD?

5. Mar 9, 2015 at 2:56 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Well...that's not accurate. My 07 Sport came with the 3 leaf pak - bought it new in March 07.

After 6 months of ownership, I went to the dealership to get me the 4leaf pak.

Nope...

6. Mar 9, 2015 at 4:59 PM
    MikeyMcFly

MikeyMcFly This is heavy, Doc.

Member:
    I'm a Masshole
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Off-Road 6MT / 1999 Corvette 6MT
    Building a Broja
    I've got a '13 OR with the 3-leaf. I tried to get the dealer to replace the pack as part of the vibration recall and then complained about the truck not handling weight.

They refused to change the leafs because I had an aftermarket front bumper. I asked about the weight issue (I know the weight TSB doesn't apply to me, but couldn't hurt, right??) and they blamed the ARB again.

I'm just going to throw the Icon AAL on it and call it done, but it's still so lame. I'm curious if there's will be a future recall on the newer truck's leafs if they'll again try to blame me for causing the issue with my bumper.

7. Mar 9, 2015 at 5:00 PM
    ThomasMore66

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Supercharger, TRD exhaust, Leather seats, running boards removed (why it came with them I cannot imagine), Salex organizers, BAMF behind-the-grill light bar, Rigid SR-20 and SR-Q - Spots mounted behind stock grill, color-matched grill, WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit floor mats, Tech Deck, Avid bolt-on slider/step converted to weld on by TW member Achirdo, Diaz Fabrication Model T, Icon Stage 4 with OME Dakar rear leaf springs, OME Driveshaft spacer, Toytec 1" Front Diff Drop, FN BFD 18"x9" GMG Wheels, BFG KO2 285-65-18 tires, Ultragauge mounted above mirror, Tuffy Box lockable storage, MattGecko rear window security bar, Relentless Fab tailgate protector, CSJumper 700 lumen flood pattern back-up LED's, modified BeeRadd under-hood lighting with two KC Cyclones; KB Voodoo cargo management system and standard rails, AllPro hi-lift jack mount, 48" hi-lift, RCI Metalworks aluminum front skid, Flyzeye 3VP-RS in glovebox and console, AFE CAI, Coupe fuse box cover, battery hold-down bracket and CAI air-box cover, Wurton pod led's installed as bed lights on Lowbrow Customs motorcycle fork brake line aluminum brackets, Pop-n-Lock PL5400, Extang Solidfold 2.0, Rechelon Retro's, Moromoto LED fogs, URD Y-pipe, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, Speedhut AFR and Boost gauges, Cravenspeed gauge holder, CMC by Tandem Automotive, 70mm throttle body, CSF radiator, Doug Thorley shorties, Vibrant 7101 cats, SOS Offroad front and rear bumpers, Smoothflow 2.5” SC pulley, Steeda SC belt tensioner, roostfactor belt wrap kit, switch Pro 9100 in custom Tandem Automotive holder, WAT trans valvebody, FIC 650cc injectors, HP Tuner.

Dakar...I'm just sayin'...

8. Mar 9, 2015 at 5:23 PM
    black_magic2010

black_magic2010 Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Texas
    Vehicle:
    10 Tacoma TRD Sport DBL Cab
    I'm thinking of going aftermarket, I'm torn between the All Pro and the OME, lift springs. Anyone have insight, I use my truck on the highway only. I d want a 3 inch lift though.

9. Mar 9, 2015 at 5:56 PM
    MikeyMcFly

MikeyMcFly This is heavy, Doc.

Member:
    I'm a Masshole
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Off-Road 6MT / 1999 Corvette 6MT
    Building a Broja
    I'd love to. I won't clear my garage with the 3" and my roof lights. I am also trying to avoid UCAs at this point. My dream setup is OME with 885. For now it's going to be 5100s / Eibachs / AAL.

:sad banana:

10. Mar 9, 2015 at 6:00 PM
    ThomasMore66

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Speaking of clearing, just tagged my rear fender at DFW airport parking garage today. Some angry words.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425949203.493812.jpg

11. Jun 25, 2015 at 5:09 AM
    ITRDEC

ITRDEC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Declan
    South FL
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner DCLB
    None atm
    I was told my truck is eligible for the recall. I was planning on going with a toytec 3 inch springs and 2" aal. Does anyone know if I go to the 4 leaf pack if it will raise the rear ended any? I don't want the truck to have much rake in the rear

12. Jun 25, 2015 at 7:52 AM
    Tommyb08

Tommyb08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Jersey Shore - Ocean County
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Sport 4X4 DCLB Black
    My buddy actually has a carfax subscription and I asked him to run my truck since I bought it with 44k on it. On the bottom I did see my truck has the recall for E12 as well. If I am over my 100k factory warranty will they replace this free of charge being it's a recall or do you think I'll have to shell out money? If they want me to pay I would just do aftermarket...

13. Jun 25, 2015 at 8:44 AM
    Pigpen

Pigpen My truck is never clean

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    2012 AC Manual 4.0 4x4 Base Model
    Access cab toolbox/ dog bed with seats and headrests deleted, waterproof TRD seat covers, yellow wire mod, diff breather relocated to tail light, engine block heater, Leer topper with Yakima tracks and rack, Yakima rack on cab, Ride Rite with Daystar cradles, CBI hidden front hitch, wired for winch front and rear Warn quick connect, Warn x8000i on external carrier, sway bar delete, trailer plug relocated to bumper, Pelfreybilt IFS and Mid skids, ECGS front diff bushing, ARB CKMA12 compressor, 255/85/16 Backcountrry MT 3 load E tires on stock steel rims, Up2NoGood heated mirror kit, Husky X-act Contour front floor liners, Northstar AGM 24F battery, Pelfreybilt bolt on sliders with kickout and top plates, TRD Pro headlights, Depo smoked tail lights, Energy suspension body mount bushing kit, OME Dakar leaf packs with AAL, Billstein B110 rear shocks, OME 90021 front shocks with 885 coils, SPC LR UCAs, Up2NoGood 2wd low range mod, 4 Wheel Campers Grandby slide in camper
    Skip recall springs. There are many better options for afermarket.

14. Jun 25, 2015 at 10:58 AM
    WhiteNemesis

WhiteNemesis Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mr PattyCakes
    T-Town, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Cant get enough
    Blow it through the roof
    Allpro ftw! Just put some on and man I should have done it sooner. no more do I bottom out the bump stops with taco squat when towing my seadoos! Fully loaded for camputs I no longer blind on coming drivers! Ride is way better, never look back toyota springs garbage (I ran the tsb with 2" aal prior to the allpro pack)

15. Jun 25, 2015 at 11:06 AM
    stump jumper

stump jumper Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra 4x4 CM TSS
    I did the 4 leaf on my 2009 Prerunner TSB and it was a lot better.

16. Jun 25, 2015 at 6:29 PM
    Tracy@All-Pro Off Road

Tracy@All-Pro Off Road Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tracy
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma
    Too many to list
    Yay!!! :bananadance: We LOVE hearing that you are happy with your springs! Doin' the happy dance!!! :bananadance:

17. Jun 27, 2015 at 10:45 AM
    texvet61

texvet61 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ocala, FL
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Lighting: Phillips LED headlights, BD's S2pro fog lights, LP4 pro and LP9Pro Racing LED's, Black OaK IR cubes. COMMS: Cobra WSX75 CB, Icom 7000 Ham Radio, antenna; Alpha MotoSS HF 80m-40m, CA-2x4SR tri-band 2m/70cm/ - AUDIO: ALPINE ILX-W650, KTA-450 Amp, S-A60M 300Wt mono amp, F/R door speakers, JL Audio C2-650X, JLAudio Micor 8" sub. C4 Fab Hybrid Bumper, Warn VF12000S, Locking Rear seat Gun Vault. Locking Console Gun Vault, FPV winch Camera,
    Mine looked worse than that, total reverse bow! Toyota checked it out and said "ride height" was still within spec so they passed it, I asked what would fail it and they replied if/when it broke to come back or they would take care of it when TMC decided what to do with the TSB. I got tired of waiting for a failure and not wanting to end up with a replacement that would most likely also be crap I decided to go with OME Dakar's, while doing the swap I found a crack in one of the crappy failed ones Toyota passed as being good.

18. Jun 27, 2015 at 11:07 AM
    Shelf Life

Shelf Life Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Central Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '06 ACC CAB 4x4 TRD OFF ROAD
    If you like your Toyota springs you haven't got yet, you can keep your Toyota springs you haven't got yet. The remedy from Toyota was stated on another thread. It looks like those who want aftermarket springs will be reimbursed, although I'm no lawyer. I'm not sure of the wording "prior to this campaign" whether that means before this alleged recall was even started or during this elongated process.

Description of Remedy :

Description of Remedy Program : All known owners of the subject vehicles will be notified by first class mail.

Toyota dealers will replace the rear leaf spring assemblies with improved

ones. The owner letter will instruct vehicle owners who have paid to have

this condition remedied prior to this campaign to seek reimbursement

pursuant to Toyota's General Reimbursement Plan.

19. Jun 27, 2015 at 11:24 AM
    MarcoPolo57

MarcoPolo57 I am Groot

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    THE O.C.
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma TRD Sport V6 4x4 double cab white
    High mount LEDs , dome lite LED
    :laser:What years and styles are affected? Lmao, I just bought the 2015.....

20. Jun 27, 2015 at 7:45 PM
    Jimmyh

Jimmyh Well-Known Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2012 Prerunner SR5
    It only goes up to 2011.

Products Discussed in

To Top