1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OEM BT Mic on a Tacoma 2012

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by pabs, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Feb 20, 2015 at 2:02 PM
    pabs

pabs [OP] Member

Member:
    Hi guys,

I have a 2012 Tacoma Base model. I just bought a 2013 OEM touchscreen HU and I would like to keep the stop appearance. I found an OEM microphone from a Tacoma 2014. I believe that these mics are plugged underneath the upper console. This one, in particular, has a 4 pin connector.

I wonder if any of you guys tried to plug either a 2014 or a tundra mic (similar mic) to the head console. I am guessing the 2012 comes pre-wired , so it should be plug & play (hopeful guess).
    Also, do you think it's possible to buy the plastic cover for the mic separately? That one is the plastic part with the 3 slits on the upper console (between courtesy lights and next to the sunglasses holder).
    Thank you guys in advance.

Here are some sample images of a similar mic and the cover.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  2. Feb 20, 2015 at 5:53 PM
    pabs

pabs [OP] Member

Member:
    Opened the upper console and saw this connector. I am not sure if it is the mic connector, but also has 4 pins. Inside of the liner (close to the windshield) there is another connector, but my guess is that one is for the rear view mirror...
    Any thoughts?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  3. Feb 24, 2015 at 10:34 AM
    CBTaco2010

CBTaco2010 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    10 SR5
    That same plug is on my 2010 (I'm doing the same thing, adding a 2013 non entune touch screen to my access cab)

I've seen another post on here that said the plug the telephone mic goes into is blue, but I can't find it (guessing it isn't there) on my 2010.

good luck

4. Mar 21, 2015 at 2:30 PM
    bellot8670

bellot8670 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Mt Sterling KY
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma SR5 double cab 4x4
    bump for everyone

5. Dec 18, 2015 at 6:45 PM
    Motomariner

Motomariner Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 S/C Tacoma 4x4
    TRD Supercharger URD 2.85" Pulley AFE CAI IPT Valve Body Mod Sprint Booster Yellow Wire Mod Rear Differential Breather mod Long Range Auto Fuel Tank Dual Odyssey 1400 SPC UCAs Toytec Adjustable Coilovers Bilstein 5100 Wheelers Front Bumps OME Dakar Leafs Timbren Rear Bumps U Bolt flip Exhaust Crossover mod FF Aluminum IFS/Mid Skids Ricochet Aluminum LCA Skids Undercover Winch Mount Warn VR8000 Hitchgate Tiregate FF Aluminum Tailgate Reinforcement PopnLock Hi Beam w/Low Beam/Fog Mod Backup Light (886 50w) mod Redline Struts VIAir Compressor Alpha Therm Washer Fluid Heater OEM Block Heater 110v In Cabin Outlet mod Lock’er Down Console Safe Heated Wet Okoles front & rear (black) RAAMat cabin Baja Racks on cab and she’ll: the best! & a few other things... (currently installing onboard dual battery charger and Icom IC7000 with AH-4
    You ever finish sorting this out?

6. Dec 19, 2015 at 7:08 PM
    openroad

openroad Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma 2.7
    Cruise control, rear view camera.
    I was hoping for more replies; I'd really like to keep the stock microphone location with a new head unit. That is a perfect place for a mic. Crutchfield told me to forget about using the stock mic but i hate to give up.

7. Jan 11, 2016 at 6:28 PM
    pabs

pabs [OP] Member

Member:
    I was hoping as well. I connected the OEM mic to the cable that was inside the ceiling liner. That was the easy part, then when I connected the head unit I couldn't find the other end of the cable (the cable that supposedly run from the ceiling liner to the head unit). I am guessing somewhere in the dash, the pin is tucked in and I cannot reach it. I just need to find that end of the cable and plug it to the head unit. Hope this helps.

Products Discussed in

To Top