1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Buying 2009 Tacoma within the month. A few Questions.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jeffha4, May 6, 2009.

1. May 6, 2009 at 10:39 AM
    TRICOMA

TRICOMA Tacoma with the TRI package

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC SB 4x4 TRD Off Road
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.
    Find the exact model that you want with all the options and check out a few dealers in your area. If you are serious about buying then walk away if you do not feel comfortable with the price and go to the next dealer. Dealers know where cars are...meaning if there is another one at another dealership they will know. Don't just go to one dealer. If they are offering you the price that means you didn't have to work for it and they are getting enough. If that is the deal they gave you...go down to the next dealership and try a little less...they are they are willing to go for then then you saved a little bit of money. But like people have said before. As long as you are happy with the purchase you should be good. I bought my Tundra back in Nov when gas prices where almost $5 a gal. Today my truck with the same options is about 4-5k more and I would still buy it. I am happy with it and I know I will keep it 10 years plus. Good luck. Make sure you post pictures when you get them. Also 2010 should be out soon. End of the month and mondays are the best days to buy. Dealers need to sell new cars before the new models come out so they get a kick back from the factory. No matter what they selling price is...the dealership makes it's money believe me.

2. May 6, 2009 at 12:58 PM
    4getful

4getful Senior Junior Member In Training

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4X4
    6" Pro-Comp Stage 2, 35x12.50x20 ProComp Xtreme All Terrain, 20" KMC Revolvers, 4.88 Gears, Banks Exhaust De-Badged
    Also lots of times dealers can acquire the vehicle you want from the other guy. With my wifes 4Runner, we went to one guy and they would not even play. So, we went somewhere else and got the same vehicle for thousands less. As said above dealers know what is out there and who has it. It just depends on who is hungrier to make a deal.

3. May 6, 2009 at 1:18 PM
    eschmunk

eschmunk Well-Known Member

Member:
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner TRD Off-Road
    GrillCrafter Upper and Lower, Lamin-X Fog Light Covers, Di-Noc Carbon Valence Cover, WeatherTech Digital Fit Liners, Rubbermaid "ActionPacker" containers for bed storage.
    This post reminds me of my current situation. One of the dealers I dealt with didn't want to come down on the price. So when I finally picked up my Taco from the dealer that I did purchase it from, come to find out it came from the dealership who didn't want to deal. I found a sticker under the hood with the dealerships address asking the new owner not to do any mods to the vehicle. I was hoping they were kicking themselves in the ass when it left their lot.

e

4. May 6, 2009 at 1:31 PM
    DriverSound

DriverSound Señor Member

Member:
    SoCaca
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB OR 4x4
    Too few to list.
    You can pretty much buy it at invoice. Keep in mind though that there is such a thing called "dealer hold back" along with them making money on the interest as well.

A dealer hold back is around $300 to $500 so even if you are buying the truck at invoice, they still make money. Some dealers will sell you under invoice (minus their hold back) so they basically just go off volume sales. This is usually done by huge dealerships.

Also, let's say you apply for Toyota financing and they approve you for 6.85%, the dealer actually has a ? percent cut on that. That's why sometimes if you bring outside financing, they try to beat it.

It's always good to buy at the end of the month and not on a weekend. Hope this helps you out.

5. May 6, 2009 at 1:50 PM
    jeffha4

jeffha4 [OP] Member

Member:
    Good info guys. I am aiming at shopping multiple dealerships. See who can get me what. But as I said before. I'm very likely actually going to go to my brother in law's friend who can buy lightly used from toyota factory. So we'll see. I've still got a little bit of time to decide, seeing as I won't be getting the loan until next month anyhow, but I'll definitely keep these tips in mind while I'm waiting.

6. May 6, 2009 at 2:34 PM
    4getful

4getful Senior Junior Member In Training

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4X4
    6" Pro-Comp Stage 2, 35x12.50x20 ProComp Xtreme All Terrain, 20" KMC Revolvers, 4.88 Gears, Banks Exhaust De-Badged
    Yup, and the funny thing is that when dealer #1 came back with final offer - he said this is the lowest that i can go, i am already eating over $1200 on this deal. Kinda funny how going to dealer #2 got me the exact same vehicle thousands less than dealer #1. And that was out the door adding some goodies and extending warranty and on and on.
    Just never, never tell dealers your past quotes. Keep it in mind and work off of it. Told that to my brother-in-law and he did ok for awhile then out of nowhere he blurted out what the last dealer had offered. he ended up going with dealer #2 cuz the beat the price by $500. It could have been so so much more.

7. May 6, 2009 at 4:26 PM
    JsAZ

JsAZ Member

Member:
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    09 DC PreRunner TRD Sport
    Just a bit of advice about the financing. If you do buy from the dealership let them shop some financing rates at their banks. I went into the dealership two weeks ago with a "site check" from my bank (USAA) convinced that I had a great rate and wanted to stick with them. The dealership found that some banks had slightly better rates that USAA couldn't match (even after I called them back from the dealership). I assume it's because these national banks got some of that TARP money at 0% interest so they can still make a killing on the loan. I ended up getting either a 4.75% or 4.95% (the finance lady hadn't finished processing my loan yet before I left so I'm not even sure which bank). I'm sure someone will send me a letter soon asking for my first payment.

Products Discussed in

To Top