1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

torque converter setup

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Vang Toua Moua, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Feb 20, 2015 at 7:59 PM
    Vang Toua Moua

Vang Toua Moua [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Vang Bang
    Visalia, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 Silver Tacoma 2.7, Access cab, 5 lug
    Custom front bumper and rock sliders, glasspack muffler, shorten exhuast, abs killswitch, roof light bar, rear e locker.
    Hey y'all, I need help again please. I really hoped I could have got my truck done and join in on the la grange fun tomorrow, but still ain't done.

New to me tranny isn't completely like stock (no mounts for stock control linkage) and came without a bell. I had to use my old bell. Anyways now I'm using the torque converter that came with the tranny, and there's a big gap between the flexplate and tc. With the tc close enough to flexplate it's no longer engaged with the pump.

Can I stack on a new mounting pad on old pad to compensate for gap? Which will require new bolts.

Find a way to get longer bolts or order them, as more it seems the bolts are a odd size and hard to find.

Or any insight, all help is welcome. I really miss not being able to drive my taco.

2. Feb 20, 2015 at 8:15 PM
    gearcruncher

gearcruncher Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Canadain bumper technician
    Great white North 51.0333° N, 93.8333° W
    Vehicle:
    2010.TRD.SportDCLB4x4Limited leather package
    TRD Sport Rally -5 speed automatic Limited ,Factory heated leather seats ,chrome package,Super white with front windows tinted to 35 % Dick Cepek DC-2 wheels Summer tires - Good year silent armor P265/65R17 Winter tires - Good year P265/65R17 Ultra Ice studded Illuminated 4x4 switch TRD 3rd brake light cover ($20) TRD seat belt shoulder protectors (5). ($50) TRD ...B pillar emblems ($20) TRD rear slider sticker with devil horns ( $6) TRD summer floor matts ($60) TRD steering wheel emblem ($20) TRD floor pedals .($95) TRD shorty antenna ($14) TRD front Windshield emblems ($17) TRD head pillows .($60) TRD head rest protectors TRD door scuff protection $20 TRD floor matt emblems ($40) TRD tow plug emblem . ($40) TRD cigarette lighter with LED.($35) TRD tissue dispenser ($12) TRD front bezel emblems ($9) TRD door emblems ($6) TRD lanyards($9) TRD lisence plates with TRD bolts($50) TRD fender emblems TRD center caps Part Number:PT904-35070-CC ($80) TRD cd
  3. Feb 20, 2015 at 9:13 PM
    Vang Toua Moua

Vang Toua Moua [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Vang Bang
    Visalia, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 Silver Tacoma 2.7, Access cab, 5 lug
    Custom front bumper and rock sliders, glasspack muffler, shorten exhuast, abs killswitch, roof light bar, rear e locker.
    300 for it. Sounds good to me. Fresno tap didn't even have it at all, that's why I unbolted mine kept it to reuse. That's what I'm starting to think too, only good thing of it is all the electronics are plug and play only. Thank you, I went thru it.

I'm seriously thinking about the welding new pads because most people use spacers to fill the gap.

Products Discussed in

To Top