Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Those of you with the Lund Genesis cover..

Old 10-29-2007, 04:12 PM   #1
semper000 is on a distinguished road
semper000's Tacoma Gallery
Those of you with the Lund Genesis cover..

I just got an 08 DC Sport Longbed. I've been looking for a soft tonneau cover, and I think I've narrowed it down to the Lund Geniesis Seal and Peel. I basically want a cover that I can put on the truck when I take road trips. Normally I dont like to have a tonneau cover. Why questions are:

1. Can the cover be folded or rolled up to sit behind the back seat and pulled out when needed?

2. How easy are the the frame rail supports for the cover removed. I want to be able to use the bed and have cargo extend above the top of the bed, I think they would just be in in the way most of the time. I like to just slide them all up toward the front of the truck then space them out when I have the cover on.

3. How does the cover seal to the sides of the bed? Is the zip channel just bolted to the bed? Does that make sense?
Old 10-29-2007, 05:08 PM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
#1. u wont be able to roll it and stick it behind the seats b/c its broken into 2 chambers the size of the seats...now folded might fit befind the passenger side rear....

#2. as long as it isnt a proped up kind of osft tonneau, the center tension rails SHOULD come out fairly easy.

#3. i have no idea...haha

hope it helps out some