1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What to Do About APO Mid Travel Purchase

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mallrat, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Feb 25, 2015 at 10:47 PM
    mallrat

mallrat [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Vehicle:
    '15 Taco Off-Road
    Good morning guys.. Having a small issue I really need some help with. I was looking at a KING mid travel setup with ICON UCA for my new 2015 DCSB, but after contacting downsouth, they have provided little help on shipping. They do ship to APO, but they have made it abundantly clear they have no desire to do so. They quoted me just under $1000 to ship USPS to APO or $500 to UPS overseas (but I would have to pay German duty on the lift which would be obscene) but Wheelers is telling me they can ship a stage 4 ICON USPS for $250.. I asked downsouth about it and they aren't interesting in double checking their shipping price.

So the question becomes, do I just go for the stage 4 Icon from Wheelers since they can provide shipping or is there another vendor for KING shocks that may be able to assist. I am only a little worried about the digressive nature of the ICON setup as I am mostly driving on cobblestone roads and through the Black Forest in Germany, not desert running at 80. Thanks in advance for the advice guys.

Products Discussed in

To Top