Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

WeatherTech Floor Liner - Manual Transmission

Old 05-07-2009, 09:44 AM   #1
kxhansen is on a distinguished road
Name: Ken
kxhansen's Tacoma Gallery
WeatherTech Floor Liner - Manual Transmission

I was looking at the Weathertech floor liner (and/or mats), but the WeatherTech site says that they will not fit with a manual transmission (I have a 2009 Dbl Cab with the 6spd manual). I spoke with Weathertech and all they would say is that the clutch pedal is the problem.......I would be willing to slice the rubber to allow for the clutch pedal if that will not make the mats leak. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks
Old 05-07-2009, 09:48 AM   #2
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought the all weather Toyota rubber mats off Ebay for $85.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:07 AM   #3
VinceXR has a spectacular aura aboutVinceXR has a spectacular aura about

VinceXR's Tacoma Gallery
They will work no problem. There were some that needed to be trimed to clear the clutch pedal. But mine and other that I've seen have plent of clearance.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:31 AM   #4
papabear050 will become famous soon enough
papabear050's Tacoma Gallery
I trimmed mine, Pair of sharp scissors and a white china marker.

Put the mat in, put the clutch pedal to the floor, take the marker and outline the mat around the pedal. Cut, done.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:10 PM   #5
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't trimmed mine. Works fine.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:47 PM   #8
papabear050 will become famous soon enough
papabear050's Tacoma Gallery
I also trimmed around the gas pedal just to make sure I can floor it all the way.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:45 AM   #9
Thanks to everyone for their comments.......I ordered the weathertech liners last night.......I wish they covered the dead pedal, but overall I loke them better than the huskies
Old 06-01-2009, 07:37 AM   #10
The weathertech mats have been in a few weeks now and absolutely no problem (never trimmed them). They must have changed them because the dead pedal is now partially covered.

Thanks to everyone for their comments
Old 06-01-2009, 04:50 PM   #11
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of

Jimbo's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 07 Access Cab, V-6, 4x4, 6 speed.
I have had my WeatherTechs for well over a year now. I got them for front and rear and there was absolutely no issues at all. These mats are great. I only wish they were extended a bit more up the floor board past the pedals. That wouldn't stop me from buying them again though.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:26 AM   #12
Dube295 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Avn Tech
Name: Andre-Luc
Dube295's Tacoma Gallery
Just order mine, for my 2011 tacoma 6 speed manual ... I'm going to give u some feedback a soon as I receved them
Old 04-26-2011, 11:32 AM   #13
Working on my dirt tan
TacoMTB will become famous soon enoughTacoMTB will become famous soon enough
TacoMTB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by papabear050 View Post
I trimmed mine, Pair of sharp scissors and a white china marker.

Put the mat in, put the clutch pedal to the floor, take the marker and outline the mat around the pedal. Cut, done.
Installed mine last week and did the above - worked like a charm. Don't have to trim much but my pedal definitely would catch if I hadn't.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:40 AM   #14
Bajones is a jewel in the roughBajones is a jewel in the roughBajones is a jewel in the rough
Bajones's Tacoma Gallery
Had to trim mine, still want to apply some velcro so I'm completely worry free.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:50 PM   #15
RogerRZ has much to be proud ofRogerRZ has much to be proud ofRogerRZ has much to be proud ofRogerRZ has much to be proud ofRogerRZ has much to be proud ofRogerRZ has much to be proud ofRogerRZ has much to be proud ofRogerRZ has much to be proud ofRogerRZ has much to be proud ofRogerRZ has much to be proud of
Firefighter: Deputy Chief
RogerRZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kxhansen View Post
The weathertech mats have been in a few weeks now and absolutely no problem (never trimmed them). They must have changed them because the dead pedal is now partially covered.

Thanks to everyone for their comments

Same here. Bought them six weeks ago...
Old 04-26-2011, 11:39 PM   #16
R.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: US Navy Seabees
Name: RJ
R.J.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
I have a 07 Access Cab, V-6, 4x4, 6 speed.
I have had my WeatherTechs for well over a year now. I got them for front and rear and there was absolutely no issues at all. These mats are great. I only wish they were extended a bit more up the floor board past the pedals. That wouldn't stop me from buying them again though.
Just wondering -

I've read in the past that people were running into trouble regarding the rear liners overlapping the center console for the Access Cab. You said you purchased the rears for Access Cab. Did you run into this same problem?

I've seen people having to lift the center console, and drill holes into the liner and mount the center console on top of the liner.

Confusing because on Weahertech's webpage, they show the rear liner fitting perfectly in what appears to be the back of an Access Cab!

I guess I'll find out here soon! I ordered the front and rear. Arrives in 4 days. I have a 6speed manual Access Cab. Hoping the clutch won't be a problem! Or the rear liners! lol
Old 04-26-2011, 11:59 PM   #17
R.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

R.J.'s Tacoma Gallery
Ha! Never mind! Disregard my last post. Just did a quick search, and did not realize that the '09+ came with a center console in the back.

I guess I should be OK with my '05 with no center console.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:03 AM   #18
Human after all
2blu4u is just really nice2blu4u is just really nice2blu4u is just really nice2blu4u is just really nice

2blu4u's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. View Post
Ha! Never mind! Disregard my last post. Just did a quick search, and did not realize that the '09+ came with a center console in the back.

I guess I should be OK with my '05 with no center console.
You will be good. I have a pic of them in my gallery of the access cab floor with mat. No issues at all, enjoy!
Old 04-27-2011, 03:57 PM   #19

R.J.'s Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2blu4u View Post
You will be good. I have a pic of them in my gallery of the access cab floor with mat. No issues at all, enjoy!
Excellent! Saw the picture. Looks like a good fit. Thanks! Did you end up trimming the front for the clutch?
Old 04-27-2011, 07:44 PM   #20
Normco is on a distinguished road
Name: Norm
Normco's Tacoma Gallery
2011 access cab. Clutch was catching. Pushed clutch all the way in and marked where it hit. Trimmed mat to clear + a small safety margin.

Had to trim back mat to fit around console. Tool my time. Trim, fit, trim, fit, etc. etc.