1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WeatherTech Floor Liner - Manual Transmission

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by kxhansen, May 7, 2009.

1. May 7, 2009 at 8:44 AM
    kxhansen

kxhansen [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Staten Island, NY
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Dbl Cab SR5 6spd Silver
    WeatherTech window deflectors WeatherTech floor liners (front) and mats (rear) Alpine 9886 Pop n Lock 5300 Fold a Cover G4 GT Covers seat covers
    I was looking at the Weathertech floor liner (and/or mats), but the WeatherTech site says that they will not fit with a manual transmission (I have a 2009 Dbl Cab with the 6spd manual). I spoke with Weathertech and all they would say is that the clutch pedal is the problem.......I would be willing to slice the rubber to allow for the clutch pedal if that will not make the mats leak. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks

2. May 7, 2009 at 8:48 AM
    JeffRock

JeffRock Well-Known Member

Member:
    Capital region, NY
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma accesscab 4x4 SR5 2.7L
    Toyota all weather floor mats. Mag light that clunks around in the jack compartment. Dog hair. Dog drool on the windows.
    I just bought the all weather Toyota rubber mats off Ebay for $85.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. May 7, 2009 at 9:07 AM
    VinceXR

VinceXR Well-Known Member

Member:
    Antelope CA
    Vehicle:
    07 SWB X-Runner, now 04 Tundra TRD sport.
    Recessed MX Grill-Upper and Lower, BHLM, ScangaugeII, DynoMax ultra flow Muffler, Weather Tech Liners, BTLM-Black tail light mod, URD SS, TRD Seat Covers, NST Lite Crank Pulley, TRD*Intake, SOS Drop
    They will work no problem. There were some that needed to be trimed to clear the clutch pedal. But mine and other that I've seen have plent of clearance.

4. May 7, 2009 at 9:31 AM
    papabear050

papabear050 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    11 dc 4x4 TRD OR Auto
    I trimmed mine, Pair of sharp scissors and a white china marker.

Put the mat in, put the clutch pedal to the floor, take the marker and outline the mat around the pedal. Cut, done.

5. May 7, 2009 at 12:10 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    I haven't trimmed mine. Works fine.

6. May 7, 2009 at 12:19 PM
    ToyoComp

ToyoComp Addicted Mod'r

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 TRD Off Road DC
    Sway-A-Way Race Runner 2.5 coil over (3" lift) & Icon 2.5 rear shocks on RXT springs, Total Chaos UCA, ToyTec differential drop, Tom Woods Driveshaft, SpiderTrax spacers, 8128 Pro Comp wheels, Toyo Open Country RT 285/70/17, DT Long Tube headers, URD MAF, TRD CAI & exhaust, Line-X coated Famous Fabrication front bumper, Demello Sliders and rear bumper, Wet Okole covers, Rigid LED spot, driving & fog, bed mat, debadged & EBC Stage 4 rotors and pads
    I have an '07 6spd DC with WeatherTech mats. No issue what so ever and didn't need to trim the mat. As stated, even if you did need to trim then its an easy mod.

7. May 7, 2009 at 2:22 PM
    Outlaw

Outlaw Well-Known Member

Member:
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Vehicle:
    2006 GX470
    Water Pump, Timing Belt, Sparkplugs, Plastidip Grill emblem
    Yep . Love the Weathertech floor liners. carpet is still new! Best investment IMO. i drove mine for awhile before i trimmed it. occaisionally the clutch pedal would get hung up, so I didnt want to take any more chances .Heres a pic for you[​IMG]

8. May 7, 2009 at 2:47 PM
    papabear050

papabear050 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    11 dc 4x4 TRD OR Auto
    I also trimmed around the gas pedal just to make sure I can floor it all the way.

9. May 8, 2009 at 6:45 AM
    kxhansen

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Staten Island, NY
    Vehicle:
    WeatherTech window deflectors WeatherTech floor liners (front) and mats (rear) Alpine 9886 Pop n Lock 5300 Fold a Cover G4 GT Covers seat covers
    Thanks to everyone for their comments.......I ordered the weathertech liners last night.......I wish they covered the dead pedal, but overall I loke them better than the huskies

10. Jun 1, 2009 at 6:37 AM
    kxhansen

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Staten Island, NY
    Vehicle:
    The weathertech mats have been in a few weeks now and absolutely no problem (never trimmed them). They must have changed them because the dead pedal is now partially covered.

Thanks to everyone for their comments

11. Jun 1, 2009 at 3:50 PM
    Jimbo

Jimbo Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07_4x4_Access Cab_V-6_Manual-6_Silver Mica
    None yet
    I have a 07 Access Cab, V-6, 4x4, 6 speed.
    I have had my WeatherTechs for well over a year now. I got them for front and rear and there was absolutely no issues at all. These mats are great. I only wish they were extended a bit more up the floor board past the pedals. That wouldn't stop me from buying them again though.

12. Apr 26, 2011 at 10:26 AM
    Dube295

Dube295 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andre-Luc
    Canada, Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Trd Off Road
    -Rear diff Breather ( on is way ) -WeatherTech Floor Liner (on is way) -Trd quick shifter -Trd exhaust
    Just order mine, for my 2011 tacoma 6 speed manual ... I'm going to give u some feedback a soon as I receved them ;)

13. Apr 26, 2011 at 10:32 AM
    TacoMTB

TacoMTB Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    SnugTop XV, Bedrug, 5100's, Toytec AAL, Weathertech, BFG KO 2's on ProComp 7069's.
    Installed mine last week and did the above - worked like a charm. Don't have to trim much but my pedal definitely would catch if I hadn't.

14. Apr 26, 2011 at 10:40 AM
    Bajones

Bajones Well-Known Member

Member:
    Had to trim mine, still want to apply some velcro so I'm completely worry free.

15. Apr 26, 2011 at 4:50 PM
    RogerRZ

RogerRZ Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Vehicle:
    White '14 DCLB TRD Sport

Same here. Bought them six weeks ago...

16. Apr 26, 2011 at 10:39 PM
    R.J.

R.J. Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    RJ
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 6spd SR5 TRD Off Road
    Weather Tech Floor Liners (Black), Weather Tech In-Channel Window Visors, 10% Tint Rear - 15% Tint Front, Black Badges, Konig Countersteer Offroad Type X with 265/70/17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, "Homeroshi" Grille, Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit, Light Racing Upper Control Arms
    Just wondering -

I've read in the past that people were running into trouble regarding the rear liners overlapping the center console for the Access Cab. You said you purchased the rears for Access Cab. Did you run into this same problem?

I've seen people having to lift the center console, and drill holes into the liner and mount the center console on top of the liner.

Confusing because on Weahertech's webpage, they show the rear liner fitting perfectly in what appears to be the back of an Access Cab!

I guess I'll find out here soon! I ordered the front and rear. Arrives in 4 days. I have a 6speed manual Access Cab. Hoping the clutch won't be a problem! Or the rear liners! lol

17. Apr 26, 2011 at 10:59 PM
    R.J.

R.J. Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    RJ
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    Weather Tech Floor Liners (Black), Weather Tech In-Channel Window Visors, 10% Tint Rear - 15% Tint Front, Black Badges, Konig Countersteer Offroad Type X with 265/70/17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, "Homeroshi" Grille, Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit, Light Racing Upper Control Arms
    Ha! Never mind! Disregard my last post. Just did a quick search, and did not realize that the '09+ came with a center console in the back.

I guess I should be OK with my '05 with no center console.

18. Apr 27, 2011 at 9:03 AM
    2blu4u

2blu4u Human after all

Member:
    Northern Colorado
    Vehicle:
    07 Indigo Ink Sport
    TRD exhaust, Pro Comp leveling kit, MB wheels, Yoko Geolander tires, black Grillcraft grill, BHLM, Pop-n-Lock, Access bed cover, Katzkin leather with seat heaters, custom console cover, shorter black billet antenna, Street Performance Throttle Body Spacer, bed mat, and bed extender.
    You will be good. I have a pic of them in my gallery of the access cab floor with mat. No issues at all, enjoy!

19. Apr 27, 2011 at 2:57 PM
    R.J.

R.J. Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    RJ
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    Excellent! Saw the picture. Looks like a good fit. Thanks! :thumbsup: Did you end up trimming the front for the clutch?

20. Apr 27, 2011 at 6:44 PM
    Normco

Normco Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Norm
    Spokane
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma
    4WD indicator led, Intermittant wiper, Cruise control, Gentex temp/Compass mirror, TracRac, WeatherTec Power mirrors
    2011 access cab. Clutch was catching. Pushed clutch all the way in and marked where it hit. Trimmed mat to clear + a small safety margin.

Had to trim back mat to fit around console. Tool my time. Trim, fit, trim, fit, etc. etc.

Products Discussed in

To Top