Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bed Covers

Old 03-04-2015, 08:08 AM   #1
pikehk01 is on a distinguished road

Name: Stewart
pikehk01's Tacoma Gallery
Bed Covers

Alright guys I am looking at getting a tri fold bed cover. Im looking at the BakFlip G2 Tonneau, and some of the less priced vinyl trifold covers. Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about the BakFlip G2? What about the vinyl covers? I know that they are easier and lighter to handle and install.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:26 AM   #2
TacomaMike37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaMike37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaMike37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaMike37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaMike37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaMike37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaMike37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaMike37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaMike37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaMike37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaMike37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacomaMike37's Tacoma Gallery
Try a little thing called SEARCH:

https://www.google.com/#q=BakFlip+G2...acomaworld.com
Old 03-04-2015, 08:59 AM   #3
Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: IAFF Local 34 Professional Firefighters
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaMike37 View Post
Or.... Just give a new member a break and be nice and answer the question Check out the middle part.

OP...
This guy gives a pretty good review of what you are looking at.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:01 AM   #4
near the Tannhauser Gate
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

You should change your occupation to " Being an Asshole "
Old 03-04-2015, 09:04 AM   #5
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Sean
Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Lol 406 post and already trying to run the forum.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:16 AM   #6
Mizzouborn has much to be proud ofMizzouborn has much to be proud ofMizzouborn has much to be proud ofMizzouborn has much to be proud ofMizzouborn has much to be proud ofMizzouborn has much to be proud ofMizzouborn has much to be proud ofMizzouborn has much to be proud ofMizzouborn has much to be proud ofMizzouborn has much to be proud of
Air Force: Retired
Mizzouborn's Tacoma Gallery
I have the G2 and am quite happy with it.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:19 AM   #7
AL W is one of the sharper tools in the shedAL W is one of the sharper tools in the shedAL W is one of the sharper tools in the shedAL W is one of the sharper tools in the shedAL W is one of the sharper tools in the shedAL W is one of the sharper tools in the shedAL W is one of the sharper tools in the shedAL W is one of the sharper tools in the shedAL W is one of the sharper tools in the shedAL W is one of the sharper tools in the shedAL W is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
AL W's Tacoma Gallery
Truxedo Low Pro QT

After a lot of research I settled on the Truxedo LowPro QT tonneau cover. So far I'm happy with it. It rolls up into a tidy package when I want to use the bed of the truck. The only downside is that it does leak a little in a hard rain. Regards, AL W

Old 03-04-2015, 09:22 AM   #8
TacomaMike37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaMike37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaMike37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaMike37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaMike37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaMike37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaMike37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaMike37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaMike37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaMike37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaMike37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post

I've helped members out a good amount on this forum. So high five for being the big tough guy calling another member an asshole on the forum. It's the first time I've told a member to use the search, and after doing that I gave him a list of reviews, more then you did, so if anything I helped him out while you just took it upon yourself to be the hard ass.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:25 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RearViewMirror View Post
Or.... Just give a new member a break and be nice and answer the question Check out the middle part.

OP...
This guy gives a pretty good review of what you are looking at.
I did answer question. I gave the dude a dozen links, you gave an ENTIRE ONE. Some of you guys are such tough guys over the forum.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:39 AM   #10
Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: IAFF Local 34 Professional Firefighters
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Some of you guys are such tough guys over the forum.
Umm Hmm
Old 03-04-2015, 09:42 AM   #11
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Sean
Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I did answer question. I gave the dude a dozen links, you gave an ENTIRE ONE. Some of you guys are such tough guys over the forum.
Does this make you a tough guy too?
Old 03-04-2015, 09:47 AM   #12

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sje1124 View Post
Does this make you a tough guy too?
Yes . Its a tough guy circle jerk.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:49 AM   #13
Faster than a speeding ticket
Watari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Watari06V6's Tacoma Gallery
I have nothing to contribute, my apologies.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:51 AM   #14
near the Tannhauser Gate
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Some of you guys are such tough guys over the forum.

I'm not really a tough guy , I just play one on TV .
Old 03-04-2015, 09:56 AM   #15
Carroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedCarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedCarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedCarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedCarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedCarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedCarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedCarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedCarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedCarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedCarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carroll
Carroll's Tacoma Gallery
I looked at the Bakflip (and EVERY other foldable cover out there) and came to the conclusion that a G4 Elite is what would best suit MY needs. It is a four section lockable cover that opens from the front or back. When open...it lies flat and does not obstruct rear view. It removes in 30 seconds with four thumb screws. It is pretty darn water tight (no leaks except at tailgate and weatherstripping took care of that) and looks good...in my opinion. I have used vinyl snap on/velcro/roll top/hard top covers and will buy one like this again...

http://www.foldacover.com/products/t...-fold-a-cover/
Old 03-04-2015, 10:13 AM   #16
DJFRENZY is on a distinguished road
DJFRENZY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carroll View Post
I looked at the Bakflip (and EVERY other foldable cover out there) and came to the conclusion that a G4 Elite is what would best suit MY needs. It is a four section lockable cover that opens from the front or back. When open...it lies flat and does not obstruct rear view. It removes in 30 seconds with four thumb screws. It is pretty darn water tight (no leaks except at tailgate and weatherstripping took care of that) and looks good...in my opinion. I have used vinyl snap on/velcro/roll top/hard top covers and will buy one like this again...
http://www.foldacover.com/products/t...-fold-a-cover/
Carroll, how long have you had it and how's it holding up? I've also concluded the G4 Elite to be the top choice among fold covers. I didn't take the plunge yet, but will soon. Just having my decision marinate a bit. Only heard a few negative feedbacks and it seems the pros out weighs the cons. Your gallery photos seems to be proof that the G4 withstands snow conditions. BTW nice truck!
Old 03-04-2015, 11:36 AM   #17
pikehk01 is on a distinguished road

Name: Stewart
pikehk01's Tacoma Gallery
Easy guys, originally I want to call TacomaMike37 a dick and tell him to piss off but he did give a link for reviews. A lot of which were not up to date. I was really looking for first person info/review not from a company.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:47 PM   #18
DJFRENZY is on a distinguished road
DJFRENZY's Tacoma Gallery
Probably not much help concerning your concerns Pike, but I'm also in search of a cover myself. I don't own a BakFlip G2, but based on research I can say that it is a low profile cover without any locks and to me it has a very clean look. On the other hand it requires the drainage tubes and also it has a pull cable release which may or may not bother you as far as security. In the end any cover is not 100% secured anyway. Also, I think after installation you can't use the bed rails anymore. BakFlip G2 owners please chime and keep me honest. Hope this helps.
Old 03-04-2015, 03:16 PM   #19
RESULTS, not excuses
NosiBaLasi is one of the sharper tools in the shedNosiBaLasi is one of the sharper tools in the shedNosiBaLasi is one of the sharper tools in the shedNosiBaLasi is one of the sharper tools in the shedNosiBaLasi is one of the sharper tools in the shedNosiBaLasi is one of the sharper tools in the shedNosiBaLasi is one of the sharper tools in the shedNosiBaLasi is one of the sharper tools in the shedNosiBaLasi is one of the sharper tools in the shedNosiBaLasi is one of the sharper tools in the shedNosiBaLasi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: 1MEF, 1MLG
Name: Tacondra
NosiBaLasi's Tacoma Gallery
Check out the Extang Solid Fold and see if it fits your needs. You tube or google works
Old 03-04-2015, 05:17 PM   #20
J.Z.Alba is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ.Z.Alba is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ.Z.Alba is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ.Z.Alba is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ.Z.Alba is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ.Z.Alba is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ.Z.Alba is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ.Z.Alba is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ.Z.Alba is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ.Z.Alba is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ.Z.Alba is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Name: Jer
J.Z.Alba's Tacoma Gallery
I have the fold-a-cover and it really is easy to install, nice look and well secured.