1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pressure in the cab, can anyone help?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by .Blaine., May 7, 2009.

1. May 7, 2009 at 7:03 PM
    .Blaine.

.Blaine. [OP] 08 Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Blaine
    Dallas Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 Red TRD
    Chrome Mesh grille, Chrome door handles, Chrome mirrors, 5% tint all around, Euro tail lights, Running boards, bed rails
    Okayy so when i shut and open my doors or turn the ac up from 1-5 on my truck it puts really bad pressure on my ears like if you where in high altitude, and every one who gets in and shuts the door notices it to... any one else have this problem?

2. May 7, 2009 at 7:42 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    Are your rubber flaps behind your rear seat on the cabin wall stuck shut?

3. May 7, 2009 at 7:44 PM
    tacoholic

tacoholic Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Bay, CA
    I know Fords pressurize the cabin so you don't get a lot of noise when going fast. But I do notice it on the Fords and the Mazda. I'd assume Toyota would do the same thing? It's not much pressure at all though.

4. May 7, 2009 at 7:46 PM
    Rocketball

Rocketball If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Westminster, MD
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue DC Sport 4x4
    Pioneer head unit, PAC steering wheel control modual, Hard wired Sirius radio, Hard wired radar detector, Hella Supertone horns, Blacked out badges, Smoked Tails, BHLM (color matched Speedway Blue), T-Rex Eyelids, Black Powder Coated Billet Grill, Color Matched Engine Cover, Lund in channel vent visors, FJ Cruiser wheels, Leer 100XQ shell, OEM bed mat, Piezo beeper for locking doors, Tinted front side windows, Black Westin bull bar, Aires tube steps, Mini Maglite Mod, D-Cell Maglite Mod, Weathertech Digifit Floor Mats
    Even if they aren't stuck shut, the air pressure inside will increase. The blower motor of most vehicles will add air to the cabin faster than the vents can let it out.

If it's a really bad problem that you just can't deal with, crack the window a bit.

5. May 7, 2009 at 8:04 PM
    JeffRock

JeffRock Well-Known Member

Member:
    Capital region, NY
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma accesscab 4x4 SR5 2.7L
    Toyota all weather floor mats. Mag light that clunks around in the jack compartment. Dog hair. Dog drool on the windows.
    Or see a doctor about your ears. It is allergy season and could have something to do with sinuses.

6. May 8, 2009 at 3:15 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Yeah...It sounds like you have super sensitive ears- I had a girlfriend I high school that would only let me open ALL the windows in the car or NONE cause she said it hurt her left ear if just my window was open...
    You are trapping a lot of air in a confined space all at once- so pressurization makes since (and high altitude is low pressure btw).

Cracking the window a bit might be the easiest answer.

7. May 8, 2009 at 3:45 AM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    Yea, cracking the window seems like a safe bet. Can't say I've ever noticed mine being that sealed up, honestly it's not that 'great' of a seal on any of the panels imo with mine, even from day one...

8. May 8, 2009 at 7:04 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    Do you have it set to vent outside air?

Products Discussed in