Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

BURNT Headlight Mod

Old 10-30-2007, 12:45 PM   #21
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
i like where your exhaust comes out. did you do that yourself or take it somewhere?
Old 10-30-2007, 02:01 PM   #22
Carolina Alliance Costal Div
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

2003greenbean's Tacoma Gallery
looks good with the black wheels is that so the repo man doesnt know the truck (jk)
Old 10-30-2007, 03:29 PM   #23
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Those wheels look really good in black.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:31 PM   #24
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The thought of painting the wheels had never crossed my mind. I don't know if that would hold up to some of the offroad abuse I inflict on my wheels.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:11 PM   #25
Secret Agent
Viper-2 will become famous soon enough
Viper-2's Tacoma Gallery
Dude I had no idea that mod required cooking your damned headlights!

I would never do that man. Sometimes some of these mods just aren't worth it to me.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:04 PM   #26
Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division
TuRDTACO is on a distinguished road

TuRDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TuRDTACO
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003greenbean View Post
looks good with the black wheels is that so the repo man doesnt know the truck (jk)
hahaha something like that he isnt looking for it anymore but i would get into the first fight of my life before i'd let anyone take my truck away, i love this damn thing too much!
Old 10-30-2007, 10:09 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
The thought of painting the wheels had never crossed my mind. I don't know if that would hold up to some of the offroad abuse I inflict on my wheels.
i'm sure from hitting rocks and logs, the paint would get scraped up. the good thing about the spray paint tho is that all you have to do is keep a can of the paint in your truck, pull over in a parking lot and spray some on to touch it up. it's very cheap and easy, definately sets off the looks of the truck for under 10 dollars which is GREAT. 3 of my friends all painted their wheels too on an evo, an audi and a wrx and theirs have all been done for awhile, we havent seen any cracking, peeling or fading at all since early spring when they were done. of course they did theirs the "right" way with priming and whatnot but hey, i was in a hurry
Old 10-30-2007, 10:14 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper-2 View Post
Dude I had no idea that mod required cooking your damned headlights!

I would never do that man. Sometimes some of these mods just aren't worth it to me.
well i did screw it up which is why the light melted lol, you're supposed to heat the oven to about 300 degrees, TURN IT OFF, and set them in one at a time for 5-7 minutes. what this does is melt the seal allowing you to pull the lense from the housing so you can paint the housing black. after you're done painting, you set them back in the oven and heat them back up so you can press the lense and the housing back together to reform the seal. see my problem was i didnt find out that the oven was supposed to be
off until afterwards, which is why it turned out the way it did. my new headlight will be here on Nov. 5th, and when i get it i will be reattempting the BHLM, with this newfound knowledge i have of how to do it the right way. i think it's worth the look of the black headlights which is why i'm going to give it another shot.
in the mean time, today i spray tinted my stock fog lights yellow so here is a pic of that, minus my missing headlight haha, i tried to take a pic with the lights on but my phone wouldnt pick up the color difference between the heads and the fogs which is HUGE! the fog lights are now a solid deep yellow which looks really good on my truck
Attached Thumbnails
BURNT Headlight Mod-foglights.jpg  
Old 10-30-2007, 10:31 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
i like where your exhaust comes out. did you do that yourself or take it somewhere?
i had the exhaust done at a local shop by my house that i used to work at, i only pay cost plus $20 bucks for their troubles, which is why i have $100 total into it, the stainless tip being $50 of it haha. i started a new exhaust thread called "taco exhaust" and i will be making a few videos of my truck sitting still and driving by, i'm uploading the videos to my myspace probably or youtube and i'll be putting up a link to them all within the next couple days. it sounds like a trophy truck i swear, very raw but with a cool tone at the same time. in the thread i made there is more info and a couple pics of the exhaust, subscribe to that so you can find the links to the sound clips
Old 10-31-2007, 06:31 PM   #30

I wonder if anyone has done the BHLM in any other color. I imagine it would look pretty sweet to match it to the body color.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:44 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
I wonder if anyone has done the BHLM in any other color. I imagine it would look pretty sweet to match it to the body color.
i thought about doing mine with white but everything else i painted is black so i figured it wouldnt look right with white headlights, i know it looks good with black so thats what i'm doing. somebody with speedway blue on the truck would probly look good tho doing the headlights the same, but black looks good on every color taco ya know
BTW EVERYONE I JUST PUT UP LINKS TO MY EXHAUST CLIPS ON YOUTUBE, CHECK THE TACO EXHAUST THREAD OR MY PROFILE FOR THE LINKS!
Old 10-31-2007, 10:40 PM   #32
morcheez is on a distinguished road
morcheez's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to morcheez
here are some pics of the different color headlight mods

Old 11-01-2007, 04:59 AM   #33
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Those look awesome! Thanks for posting those pictures morcheez!
Old 11-01-2007, 07:38 AM   #34

wow those do look really good! thanks for all the pics, you got them in almost every color too haha, the white one actually looks really good so now i have to decide between black or white before my new headlight gets here!
Old 11-01-2007, 09:43 AM   #35
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
I typically go with black accesories on all colors of truck, but i really REALLY like it when the headlight mod matches the trucks color. Great pics morcheez, thanks for posting those!

P.S. The red looks especially good!
Old 11-01-2007, 09:59 AM   #36

Quote:
I typically go with black accesories on all colors of truck, but i really REALLY like it when the headlight mod matches the trucks color. Great pics morcheez, thanks for posting those!

the white does look very good but i'm going to stick with the black headlights just because of my wheels and my taillights. thanks for those pics tho!!!!
Old 11-01-2007, 11:25 AM   #37
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Whew! I found somewhere I can disagree with you. I've got a RR truck, but I don't like the look of the red headlights. If I ever do this, I'll probably go black.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:35 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
Whew! I found somewhere I can disagree with you. I've got a RR truck, but I don't like the look of the red headlights. If I ever do this, I'll probably go black.
in my opinion, black looks good on any color truck. the color matched lights do look much better than i thought they would but you just cant go wrong with painting them black no matter what color your truck is. the BHLM makes the headlights look like how they should've looked straight from the factory, similar to how the the mazda 3 and 6 have black housing headlights stock
Old 11-01-2007, 11:48 AM   #39
morcheez is on a distinguished road
morcheez's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to morcheez
no problem guys glad i could make your day better ...need pics of anything else
Old 11-01-2007, 12:36 PM   #40

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by morcheez View Post
no problem guys glad i could make your day better ...need pics of anything else
naked ladies