Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

BURNT Headlight Mod

Old 11-01-2007, 01:37 PM   #41
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
Whew! I found somewhere I can disagree with you. I've got a RR truck, but I don't like the look of the red headlights. If I ever do this, I'll probably go black.
its about time you stopped agreeing with me, i thought we were about to have another member from Texas
Old 11-01-2007, 03:55 PM   #42
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Nice pics morcheez.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
P.S. The red looks especially good!
That red X-Runner looks BAD ASS.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:58 PM   #43
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
naked ladies
Good call and their headlights can be modified, but no painted ones.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:28 PM   #44
wormhole7 is on a distinguished road

wormhole7's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to wormhole7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuRDTACO View Post
OK THIS REALLY SUCKED HAHA, so i tried to do the black headlight mod today, read through everybody's posts about it and the different oven temps, everyone said the original 200 degrees on the first post wasnt enough, ten i saw a 305 degree run and i forgot who but the dood with the black taco said he just did it at 350 degrees. so i figured 6 minutes will be plenty at 300 degrees right? oh it was plenty enough to melt my lense on my headlight , so now i'm just ordering the HID projectors off of ebay . forced modifications as the result of a screw up on my behalf is all i really do lol....i'll put up pics of the headlight and my truck with a missing front end tonight
Not sure if you did this but I think the "KEY" is to pre-heat the oven to , in my case, @300 then "TURN IT OFF" before you put the headlight in there. Then set the timer. Guess it's too late now. Sorry to hear about your difficulty. I admit I was very nervous when I did mine.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:29 PM   #45
Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division
TuRDTACO is on a distinguished road

TuRDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TuRDTACO
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormhole7 View Post
Not sure if you did this but I think the "KEY" is to pre-heat the oven to , in my case, @300 then "TURN IT OFF" before you put the headlight in there. Then set the timer. Guess it's too late now. Sorry to hear about your difficulty. I admit I was very nervous when I did mine.
yea i found out about turning the oven off the day after, but my new headlight will be here soon within a couple days and when i get it i'll be trying it again haha
Old 11-01-2007, 10:22 PM   #46
wormhole7 is on a distinguished road

wormhole7's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to wormhole7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuRDTACO View Post
yea i found out about turning the oven off the day after, but my new headlight will be here soon within a couple days and when i get it i'll be trying it again haha
Well, good luck. I would also suggest a pair of leather gloves. That stuff is hard to handle with bare hands when it's hot.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:24 PM   #47
morcheez is on a distinguished road
morcheez's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to morcheez
i would also recommend a thermometer that can go in the oven ....ovens arent really something that i trust when heating up my headlights
Old 11-01-2007, 11:23 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by morcheez View Post
i would also recommend a thermometer that can go in the oven ....ovens arent really something that i trust when heating up my headlights
i'm going to start at a low temp just to make sure it never gets to hot and work my way up from there, some ovens have thermostats that are somewhat inaccurate so i know what you mean
Old 11-02-2007, 08:02 AM   #49
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
I preheated my oven to 300, turned it off, set the lights in for 10 minutes each time on a piece of cardboard.

Pulled the cardboard out with the light on, and was able to pull it apart without gloves. Kept moving my fingers, but it wasn't that hot! The cardboard helps the hot air heat the light rather than the hot rack potentially melt the light.

result:

Old 11-02-2007, 10:15 AM   #50
106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about

106Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
200 degrees for like 5 min worked great, little harder to pull apart but i took my time. head lights get so much attention! This guy in a silver taco was hanging out his window on the highway asking me where i bought them the other day! People stare at my truck in parking lots, and when i took it to the dealer for its 10,000 checkup everyone was gauking over it. I love the headlight mod! Also orderd the led 3rd brake light and the black style rears with the leds.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 11-02-2007, 08:08 PM   #51

BHLM COMPLETED!!! haha dumb oven i win! got my new headlight via fedex today so of course i skipped work and got the lights done! it was dark when i finished so this pic doesnt look all that great but i'll post more tomorrow. i set the oven at 300, TURNED IT OFF, and let em sit for about 6 minutes and they came right apart. i also rewired the fog light relay so i have that mod going on. here is that crappy pic i was talking about, and the foglights are deeeeeeep yellow but for some reason my cameraphone couldnt pick it up
Attached Thumbnails
BURNT Headlight Mod-bhlm2.jpg  
Old 11-02-2007, 08:08 PM   #52

the truck is also fully debadged and deflapped now, and the roofing stickers may be coming off soon too cuz i'm not liking that job so much anymore haha
Old 11-02-2007, 08:11 PM   #53

Looks sharp. Like your truck has a Zoro mask on.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:17 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
Looks sharp. Like your truck has a Zoro mask on.
hahahaha i know, my buddy said it looks like the albino hamburglar lol! it'll look better once i get the chrome grille surround painted white to match the truck, i'm doing the chrome rear bumper the same way
Old 11-02-2007, 08:19 PM   #55

Haha.......robble robble
Old 11-02-2007, 08:22 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
Haha.......robble robble
hahahahaha looks like i'll have to get a robble robble sticker made lol
Old 11-02-2007, 09:25 PM   #57
L_Jackson is on a distinguished road

Army: Avenger Crew Member - 1st Cav 98-01
L_Jackson's Tacoma Gallery
wheels look cool man..... i am not a big fan of black wheels, i was thinking about going two tone, black and chrome for a while, but went with the ones i have now.....

but they look like they originally came black, and they look good to me, main things are you like 'em, and 8 bucks!!!!
Old 11-02-2007, 09:36 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by L_Jackson View Post
wheels look cool man..... i am not a big fan of black wheels, i was thinking about going two tone, black and chrome for a while, but went with the ones i have now.....

but they look like they originally came black, and they look good to me, main things are you like 'em, and 8 bucks!!!!
for the price of only 8 junior bacon cheeseburgers, you can begin to climb the ladder to baller-ism such as i have done...haha this truck is certainly coming along nicely, i'm going to wash and wax it tomorrow morning and get some good pics of it, but i am loving the black and white color scheme i have going
Old 11-22-2007, 05:38 PM   #59
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
oh....and a big PS...i saw those black projectors off of ebay on a black sport around here the other day....looked like....POO POO!!!!!
Old 11-24-2007, 10:38 PM   #60

haha yea i'm glad i did the bhlm instead