1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New tacoma owner need help

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Qrs, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Mar 8, 2015 at 5:37 PM
    Qrs

Qrs [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hello everyone I recently purchased my first tacoma in December to drive in nj horrible winter and to use for work in the summers and an overall daily driver.
    I am one of those guys who buys a car and can't just leave it alone I have to tweak to make it my own. I have some car "modding" background but from a whole other ball game in the VW world. But reading through a lot of post I see a lot of familiar terms being tossed around.
    But to the point. I just bought a ome 3 inch lift kit and having a very hard time finding the right size tire to go with. I want the biggest I can get. The car came on some pretty nice looking TRD off road wheels which I plan on keeping if I can 0871e7d5bbf72cf6dbe94357c6c57c1a_54c19f3f92eb9d04ac65dbca602b26a70f5ef445.jpg
    Now I've have been searching a couple days now and can not find any where the back spacing specs for this wheel is. I really would like a 285/75/16 but don't want to run into horrible rubbing and have to waste my money minor trimming of plastics I okay with. Anyone out there know anything about this wheel and what tire I can run. And do a lot of people run this wheel?

2. Mar 8, 2015 at 8:58 PM
    RKCRUZA

RKCRUZA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Placerville, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Pro in the Garage!
    The wheels look like the TRD ones in Toyotas catalog, I also think they are on The Toyota of Dallas site so you might be able to find the specs there. I believe when they first came out they were called the Ivan Stewart Baja Edition wheels if I'm not mistaken. Very nice looking wheels and they are still available just google TRD Wheels. Below is the link to the wheels.

http://trdparts4u.toyotaofdallas.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=298263

Wheel Single- 16" - Silver IVAN STEWART EDITION (PTR20-34070)

16 inch x 8 inch x 1mm offset. This wheel has a 6 on 5.5 inch (139.7 mm) bolt circle or P.C.D. and the Center Bore is 106mm nominal. This wheel is compatible with OE 20 degree Tire Pressure Sensors (e.g. 42607-06011 TPMS and 04423-0E010 fit kit) NOT INCLUDED.

Products Discussed in

To Top