1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

012 Tacoma front end noise

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Adele9840, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Mar 11, 2015 at 6:18 AM
    Adele9840

Adele9840 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adele
    Caldwell, TX
    Vehicle:
    Toyota Tacoma
    I finally got my weird noise caught on tape yesterday. It was very loud & I immediately "beat feet" to my dealership with the tape in hand. Needless to say, nearly the entire service dept. listened to it & came to the conclusion that is was caused by the seal around the windshield. I was informed they had received a TSB on this problem, but were informed they had replaced all the reported windshields. And mine must have slipped thru the cracks. I've got a date for Fri. to take my truck in & get the windshield replaced. The guys who listened to the tape agreed with me that it was the sound of someone blowing into an empty soda bottle. I'm sure hoping this will solve my problem. I'm planning to leave the tape with the dealership in case someone else might come in with the same complaint. They can listen to my recording & see if it's indeed the same sound. Y'all keep your fingers crossed for me!! LOL!

Products Discussed in

To Top