Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Which mudflaps are shorter: Husky or Weathertech?

Old 03-21-2015, 07:14 AM   #1
I don't check PMs! :(
TRSAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRSAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRSAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRSAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRSAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRSAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRSAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRSAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRSAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRSAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRSAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TRSAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Which mudflaps are shorter: Husky or Weathertech?

Well?
Old 03-22-2015, 08:26 AM   #2
TRSAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRSAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRSAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRSAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRSAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRSAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRSAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRSAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRSAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRSAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRSAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Not sure if it's just the angle of the photos, but the Husky (left) looks longer here compared to the Weathertech (right):

However, in these photos, it's hard to be sure:

Weathertech vs Stock:

Husky vs Stock:
Old 03-22-2015, 08:28 AM   #3

I prefer the shape of the Weathertech, but I want the shorter flaps.
Old 03-22-2015, 11:42 PM   #4
Andy Standard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndy Standard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndy Standard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndy Standard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndy Standard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndy Standard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndy Standard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndy Standard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndy Standard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndy Standard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndy Standard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Andy Standard's Tacoma Gallery
Wondering that same question. My flaps always get caught dragging the asphalt when picking up loads for my work.
Old 03-23-2015, 04:58 AM   #5
TacomaMike37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaMike37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaMike37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaMike37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaMike37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaMike37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaMike37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaMike37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaMike37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaMike37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaMike37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacomaMike37's Tacoma Gallery
Cut your OEM's if you want to save some $$$. DId it this weekend, came out decent. Piece of cake. Write up floating around here somewhere.
Old 03-23-2015, 05:01 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaMike37 View Post
Cut your OEM's if you want to save some $$$. DId it this weekend, came out decent. Piece of cake. Write up floating around here somewhere.
I prefer just purchasing replacements. The stock flaps are too big and not just in length.

I previously had Weathertechs on my last Tacoma and liked them. Maybe I'll do the same again.

Old 03-23-2015, 06:17 AM   #7
Harley2 has much to be proud ofHarley2 has much to be proud ofHarley2 has much to be proud ofHarley2 has much to be proud ofHarley2 has much to be proud ofHarley2 has much to be proud ofHarley2 has much to be proud ofHarley2 has much to be proud ofHarley2 has much to be proud ofHarley2 has much to be proud of
Name: Rick
Harley2's Tacoma Gallery
Nasty Roads

I live on 6 miles of real nasty poorly maintained rocky gravel town road. I want all the protection I can get and find the stock, although they do occasionally drag in deep ruts, do a decent job of keeping the lowers protected. The nasty road and rocky gravel is also the reason I don't go with the aggressive tire tread, although I do love the look.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:32 AM   #8
Square is one of the sharper tools in the shedSquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedSquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedSquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedSquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedSquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedSquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedSquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedSquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedSquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedSquare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Spc. Artillery. 1-84FA & 3-82FA
Name: Brian
Square's Tacoma Gallery
Where is a good place to buy the Weathertechs? The front flaps annoy the crap out of me.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:21 AM   #9
Effenglide has a spectacular aura aboutEffenglide has a spectacular aura aboutEffenglide has a spectacular aura about
Name: Effen
Effenglide's Tacoma Gallery
Square, I ordered a set from Amazon. Best price I could find.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:13 AM   #10
karmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Trevor
karmatp's Tacoma Gallery
Just take a pair of scissors and call it good. I took about 6" off all on mine and they look perfect.