1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

DTRL/Turn Signals/Park Light wires on 2015 Tacoma

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mmccoy6705, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Mar 26, 2015 at 10:26 AM
    Weis1

Weis1 Go Ducks!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Phoenix AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCLB TRD Sport Cav Blue
    So I don't need ck's in the back? I guess I will buy the v3 tritons for the front.

2. Mar 26, 2015 at 10:29 AM
    B737

B737 Throbbing Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Jersey Shore
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Double Cab Limited
    stock
    no the rear uses a completely different bulb type

if you end up doing the V3 Triton system from VLEDs, i believe you will be fine with just loading the rear signals with 6ohm resistors, and not running the V3's with resistors up front. the V3's are going to outshine and out perform ANY off the shelf LED on the market. they have awesome customer service, and product support. you can call them and they are highly knowledgeable of their product and stand behind it.

3. Mar 27, 2015 at 6:31 AM
    OCNutty

OCNutty Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern, Va.
    Vehicle:
    Silver Prerunner DC v6 SR5 Tow
    ^^^This may be your best solution overall. You'll get a better visibility DTRL and as above a better warranty/support.

And while you're talking to their customer support, you can ask what LED will work for the rear turn signal of the Tacoma. It makes sense that the rear needs CK-just don't know. And a single 6 ohm in the rear (4 would work too) should keep the flasher module working properly for both front and rear LED.

Myself, I'm not planning to do a rear LED turn signal change from the standard bulb; I'd add another mini-Led amber turn light in the rear first; a ways down on the priority list tho.

Anyone else on the thread know if the rear turn signal of the 12+ is CK or regular??

4. Mar 27, 2015 at 2:43 PM
    Weis1

Weis1 Go Ducks!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Phoenix AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCLB TRD Sport Cav Blue
    The rear turn signals don't need a CK socket. The 3157 regular socket worked fine. I ordered my vleds today for the DTRL. Cant wait to get them.

5. Apr 3, 2015 at 4:38 PM
    OCNutty

OCNutty Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern, Va.
    Vehicle:
    Silver Prerunner DC v6 SR5 Tow
    Thanks, it was a dumb question....
    If I'd thought about it a second longer, would've realized that the rear ts uses only the bright filament for turn signal; no other wires to the socket to cause problems:eek:!!

6. Nov 1, 2015 at 12:48 PM
    MAUIxROCKSTAR

MAUIxROCKSTAR Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maui, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2015 VOODOO BLUE TACOMA
    Can someone show me the write up for installing the led switchbacks on a 2015 with dtrl. I would greatly appreciate it.

7. Nov 4, 2015 at 7:57 PM
    Dirtboyz

Dirtboyz Well-Known Member

Member:
    Spanaway, WA
    Vehicle:
    DCSB trd sport 4x4
    Front bilstein 5100 with OME 884 w/trim pack, 17" fuel trophy wheels wrapped with 32" toyot open country m/t, bakflip fibermax tonneau cover, Avec 30" led light bar behind lower grille, marathon seat covers in max 5 camo pattern, trimmed front and rear mud flaps, more to come.
    Just so I get this stuff straight, I understand to get the brightest bulb get the vled bulbs. Got that. I believe i am on the right track with everything else just want to clear things up because some post were confusing me.

So if I want to just run led dtrl up front I should run resistors in the back like I would if I was installing LEDs in the rear and do not worry about a resistor in the front? If this is correct it makes sense but correct me if I'm wrong. What ohm should you use if you are just running dtrl LEDs in the front and what ohm should you use if you want to run bot dtrl LEDs and rear LEDs?

Next question will this also work with switchback dtrl? If not what would be the solution to make it work with switchbacks? I read somewhere you have to tap into a headlight wire somewhere for the dtrl to dim when the headlight turns on or is that optional?

Sorry for all the different questions but I hope they make sense and I hope I am in the right direction because I have been wanting to do dtrl LEDs for the longest but didn't want to mess with the resistors up front so if running the resistors in the back would solve the problem then I'm game. If it makes things easier my main priority is the dtrl up front and what ohm resistors to use in the rear with out running rear LEDs turns and also if it works with switchbacks as well or what extra steps to take to make it work with a switchback bulb. Info for running front and rear LEDs would just be a bonus. If no one has a solution for switchbacks then I can deal with just running Amber dtrl. Thanks for the help and hope this isn't confusing.

8. Nov 5, 2015 at 6:05 AM
    boogie3478

boogie3478 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD Off-Road V6
    All the mods
    Let's simplify things: if you get the VLEDS dtrl's or switchback dtrl's, all you need to do is plug them in as the directions indicate. They come with the resistors needed and installation is super easy. It literally takes 5 minutes.

9. Nov 5, 2015 at 10:34 AM
    Dirtboyz

Dirtboyz Well-Known Member

Member:
    Spanaway, WA
    Vehicle:
    DCSB trd sport 4x4
    Front bilstein 5100 with OME 884 w/trim pack, 17" fuel trophy wheels wrapped with 32" toyot open country m/t, bakflip fibermax tonneau cover, Avec 30" led light bar behind lower grille, marathon seat covers in max 5 camo pattern, trimmed front and rear mud flaps, more to come.

I would do that but since there is a way to get the same result for the third of the price I'm sure others would be interested as well

10. Jan 25, 2016 at 1:49 PM
    mmccoy6705

mmccoy6705 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michelle
    Howard County, MD
    Vehicle:
    '15 Toyota Tacoma Sport pkg
    I know this post is relatively old, but I messed up something along the way.
    I installed the 6 ohm resistors in the front to control hyperflash, when I switched my front DTRL to LEDs. Everything seemed fine, and then a few months back I blew an LED on my passenger. Upon inspection I blame it on poor installation. My resistor is either bad or I installed it wrong. I'm now on my second LED bulb for the passenger side and it is flickering and about to blow...would really like to solve this issue.
    My question:
    Can I install the VLEDs, mentioned earlier in the post, even if I've already spliced the wires with the resistors? Is there a way I can save/ fix my mistake without taking it to someone who is more electric savy?

11. Nov 3, 2016 at 5:10 PM
    sundene

sundene Active Member

Member:
    Jenks, OK
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma White 4x4
    I have posted how to do this the "CORRECT" and BETTER way than all these confusing and incorrect switchback bulbs/methods.
    I did NOT use CSJUMPER led's or anything that is overpriced. I have had these for over 2 years and it was easy to hook up and I have a video showing WHAT it looks like.
    These work better and switchback properly and have a constant ON white LED when in parking lamp mode on the lights knob. I do have the DTRL always on disabled mod though.

It will work without disabling the DRL's. I have the below listed switchback LED's in Amber with CK wiring. This is the best deal on these AND they work better than the guy that sells the $90 bulbs here on Tacomaworld.com **I DID do the mod on here somewhere that allows me to disable the drl's with the wiring DIY in the fuse/relay, but it does work.
    I have a 2012 Tacoma. What is awesome about the ebay bulbs is that they are not on when I don't have the drl switched ON on the steering column lever/switch, but when I turn on to just the 1st turn (or DRL mode) the white lights come on. Then when I use the turn signal it turns to amber and then when it switches off it goes back to the white LED after about 2 or 3 seconds. It looks WAY better and works way better than the guy that sells the $90 LED CK wiring bulbs on this forum for Tacomas. His didn't do any of that. I have had the same pair for over 2 years and they haven't burned out yet. I do have load resisters installed and they only get used or HOT when the turn signal is on - so it's good!

[​IMG]http://www.ebay.com/itm/271245336551?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

VIMEO video showing what my setup looks like on a 2012 with ck bulbs off of EBAY - NOT $90 or over bulbs. about $35.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads...urn-signals-2012-tacoma.445208/#post-13013107

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top