Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bad tailbed trim cap? Don't spend $90

Old 03-23-2015, 04:49 PM   #1
AkArin is on a distinguished road
Name: Arin
AkArin's Tacoma Gallery
Bad tailbed trim cap? Don't spend $90

My tailbed top trim piece was really cracked and looked terrible because it stuck up and I thought about buying some of the protectors I've seen people manufacturer and offer here, but I just bought some black duct tape and it does the trick! It feels solid and looks factory from more than six feet away. If the white sides of the tape are noticeable, take a sharpie to it and make them dark!

I tried gluing it, I don't recommend this. This is where all of the yellow flakes you see came from (I failed at my gluing attempt and I scrapped off the glue).

Anyways I just thought I'd share my fix to this very common problem. No offense to the vendors selling hardware to fix this! This is just a very practical alternative.

Check out my writeup for using zip ties to attach a lightbar here!
- http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...0-led-bar.html
Cheap, yet effective modding and repairs for the win!
Attached Thumbnails
Bad tailbed trim cap? Don't spend -tailgate1.jpg   Bad tailbed trim cap? Don't spend -img_2853.jpg   Bad tailbed trim cap? Don't spend -img_2854.jpg   Bad tailbed trim cap? Don't spend -img_2855.jpg   Bad tailbed trim cap? Don't spend -img_2856.jpg  

Old 03-23-2015, 04:55 PM   #5
Previously "MGMTacoFF"
CanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Captain
Name: Matt
CanisLupus's Tacoma Gallery
This guy is in it for the long troll...lightbars and zip ties now this. We're all being played

Matt
Old 03-23-2015, 04:57 PM   #6
2011 TX TRD Offroad
Cmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: B.C.
Cmurder's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...kb-voodoo.html

Just buy this
Old 03-23-2015, 05:03 PM   #7
AkArin is on a distinguished road
Name: Arin
AkArin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmurder View Post
I'm being serious guys.

This is a very good product and would definitely buying it if $90 was absolutely nothing to me. But then again if $90 was absolutely nothing to me I'd probably buy a 2016 Raptor too. I highly recommend people buy that if you can't find a replacement trim piece or don't like the duct tape look!