1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

HomerTaco Rules - Bondo is Satan's snot - Satoshi

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by bootboiler, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Mar 23, 2015 at 6:37 PM
    bootboiler

bootboiler [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Santa Cruz
    Camberg UCA's, locking tailgate, hid driving lights, B 5100's, OME HD Leafs, bud built plates, Relentless rear bumper, sliders with kick, breathers on pumpkins, satochi grill, bed lights, JVC 730BT Head Unit, Finch Four Wheel Camper FWC, 1Up bike rack, 265/75 16 tires
    I am working on mine too, and this is my first time using bondo for anything that is remotely visible.....

HomerTaco, I am forever in awe of you, sure you have a system, and you have done it before, (but even your first one you made look easy) but bondo is Satan's snot... For me, it has taken many applications, little by little, by the way Homer, your not charging enough!!!

I like to do stuff myself, but was not ready to tear apart my grill, so I was on Amazon, and there was a slightly used on fro $20 delivered... I thought!! Now is the time and I ordered, it sat a few days and then I started the cutting, which by the way took a good hour and half with dremel and hack-saw blades... then smoothing the roughs, and now for fiber-glass patch kit.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/454951/size/big/cat/500

Wow, how did Homer make it look like he didn't even get drop of Satan's bile on the rest of the grill? Does he do this work in a tuxedo just because he can? Oh, well no one will see behind the grill, I hope.... besides, piles of it in the crevases will only make it stronger and who doesn't like stronger?

For the love of all things nice and good in the world, why not sell Bondo already mixed? Sometimes time too much , sometimes too little, sometimes it fills the hole, sometimes it all comes out... dang.... After 3 big applications, and 5 little ones... this is where I am at...

That said, hmmm.... It just might come together... :)

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/455268/size/big/cat/500

more later.........

Satochi - Begins.jpg
    Satochi Bondo Done 2.jpg
    Satochi Bondo Done.jpg
    Satochi Mess.jpg
    Stochi Bondo Begins.jpg

2. Mar 24, 2015 at 6:20 AM
    NoDak

NoDak Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JR
    Minot, ND
    Vehicle:
    16 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 Blazing Blue
    lol this made me really laugh.

a good PR person wouldn't have shown all the learning pics and mess ups, which Homer has a better PR person than you :)

HomerTaco likes this.
  3. Mar 24, 2015 at 7:57 AM
    303tacoma

303tacoma Bad Karma is a Bitch

Member:
    First Name:
    Rebecca
    Sw Denver Concrete Jungle
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD AC 4th gen Rav4 Platinum
    ICONS Front & extended Rears DAKARS LR UCAS Wheelers Super Bumps F/R Homersoshi & Bumper insert, Ultra Gauge, Wet Okole seat covers, AFE air filter, Truxedo tonneau cover, LED White Cluster swap by yosh2000, Audio upgrade, ECGS Bushing, rcbs204 Lighted 4x4switch, Bullaculla trailer harness relocate bracket SOS Concepts IFS skid & sliders Anti- Dark RedLine Hood Struts Matt Gecko Bed Lights BHLM Depo Tailights Fog light anytime mod ABS cancel mod Rear diff breather mod Brake light 35watt mod Relentless u bolt flip Mobtown Recovery Bar Sound deadener doors rear wall
    Homer is badass!!!!I love my Homersoshi:D..Good luck op :)

HomerTaco likes this.
  4. Mar 24, 2015 at 3:36 PM
    bootboiler

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Santa Cruz
    Camberg UCA's, locking tailgate, hid driving lights, B 5100's, OME HD Leafs, bud built plates, Relentless rear bumper, sliders with kick, breathers on pumpkins, satochi grill, bed lights, JVC 730BT Head Unit, Finch Four Wheel Camper FWC, 1Up bike rack, 265/75 16 tires
    That looks great, the round holes that is what I bought...

I haven't even thought about doing the side vents.... sheeshh....

5. Mar 24, 2015 at 3:38 PM
    bootboiler

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Santa Cruz
    That Homer he is a sly one, make it look easy.... then when your in your darkest hour he will clear the back-log and ask you if you want one... not fair...

Watch this for some laughs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2UQ19D9bfc

6. Mar 24, 2015 at 3:44 PM
    303tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Rebecca
    Vehicle:
    ICONS Front & extended Rears DAKARS LR UCAS Wheelers Super Bumps F/R Homersoshi & Bumper insert, Ultra Gauge, Wet Okole seat covers, AFE air filter, Truxedo tonneau cover, LED White Cluster swap by yosh2000, Audio upgrade, ECGS Bushing, rcbs204 Lighted 4x4switch, Bullaculla trailer harness relocate bracket SOS Concepts IFS skid & sliders Anti- Dark RedLine Hood Struts Matt Gecko Bed Lights BHLM Depo Tailights Fog light anytime mod ABS cancel mod Rear diff breather mod Brake light 35watt mod Relentless u bolt flip Mobtown Recovery Bar Sound deadener doors rear wall
    Thanks!!!!! by the way my bottom valance is done too!!:)

7. Mar 24, 2015 at 4:29 PM
    bootboiler

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Santa Cruz
    Did homer cut out the side vents so air flows through, or just fit in the mesh in to match? Also, do yo have a writeup on the bottom part? How was it installed there, no cutting or bondo I hope. Or sticky resin poop...

8. Mar 24, 2015 at 4:32 PM
    bootboiler

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Santa Cruz
    Here is the current grill...

[​IMG]

9. Mar 24, 2015 at 4:49 PM
    magb

magb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mario
    Monterrey, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    '11 DC Sport 4x4
    Icon Stage 4; BakFlp F1; 42" curved LED bar;
    Curiously today I discovered that HomerTaco makes this grills and I thought to myself "maybe I should just buy the mesh and do it myself"... After seeing this I will definitely talk to HomerTaco and just buy it :)

Thanks!!! Had a GOOD laugh with this.

10. Mar 24, 2015 at 5:11 PM
    303tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Rebecca
    Vehicle:
    side vents are cut out... Homer made a slide in bottom valance for me...It is zip tied in there

11. Mar 24, 2015 at 5:39 PM
    bootboiler

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Santa Cruz
    Anyone have a writeup on how to do the side vents?

12. Mar 24, 2015 at 7:18 PM
    bootboiler

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Santa Cruz
    Whilst I toiled again over my manly "Satochi" grill, in the bowls of my despair I discovered a dark truth. HomerTaco is none other than the fiendish Willy Wonka, forever banished from making chocolate again by Homeland Security and the INS, he has turned his tribe of oompa-loompaa slaves on the Tacoma World community...(I ask you, is that not him behind those shades, corncob pipe and shotgun??)

[​IMG]

You know it deep in your heart, the 2nd GENERATION SATOCHI GRILL is the product of OOMPA - LOOMPA slavery! I beg, I urge you to stand in solidarity against this evil and remove your name from the sullied HomerTaco Satochi Grill list, cast him to the Jeep forums in despair to make extended shackles and leatherette replacement tops!!

(Shhh.. Pay no mind that bootboiler has risen to the top of the list, I am working undercover for the INS, to discover his lair and send the disheveled Oompa -Loompas back to their natural habitat, as soon as I discover his return address on my shiny new Satochi Grill.)

wonka guvna oompa loompa.jpg

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
    HomerTaco likes this.
  13. Apr 3, 2015 at 11:48 AM
    bootboiler

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Santa Cruz
    Moving along, like a heard of turtles....

Primer, dang... Gonna need more Bondo...

[​IMG]

Decided how to attach side vent

[​IMG]

14. Apr 3, 2015 at 11:52 AM
    TRSAndrew

TRSAndrew Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    ATL
    Vehicle:
    22 T4R Sport 6V7
    Looking good so far

15. Apr 3, 2015 at 12:01 PM
    xJuice

xJuice My spoon is too Big!

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    N. Texas
    Vehicle:
    19 Tundra MGM
    TRD Front & Rear Sway Bar, TRD Pro LED Headlights, Undercover SE, Rear diff. Relocate, console organizer, debadged, color matched handles, mirror caps, and grill
    th_b2f296804761131edcab2f5dba76a912988938fb.jpg

HomerTaco likes this.
  16. Apr 11, 2015 at 12:32 PM
    bootboiler

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Santa Cruz
    Paint Shed
    [​IMG]

17. Apr 11, 2015 at 4:06 PM
    bootboiler

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Santa Cruz
    Keepin' on...

[​IMG]

18. Apr 11, 2015 at 4:28 PM
    jrzyshore

jrzyshore Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    SNJ
    Vehicle:
    2010 Toyota Prius TRD Offroad
    Icon extended travel coilovers and rear shocks, Dakar leaf springs, Toytec U bolt flip, extended length Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Timbren Bump stops ,TC UCAs, Street Taco (Beefedtaco) 1 1/2" CB drop, 4x Innovation DOM tube sliders with kick outs, some extended brake lines,ATO front skid plate, ATO trans skid, ATO Hi Lift brackets, 60" Hi Lift jack and a pine tree air freshener.
    Craig is a plastic welding genius.

HomerTaco likes this.
  19. Apr 11, 2015 at 4:57 PM
    Jon850FL

Jon850FL is Lurkin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    DFS, FL
    looks good man!

20. Apr 13, 2015 at 3:50 PM
    bootboiler

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Santa Cruz
    Step 349 complete...

[​IMG]

:)

Products Discussed in

To Top