1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trying to sell TRD sport wheels

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by metallicgreytaco, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Mar 28, 2015 at 9:52 PM
    roundhouse

roundhouse Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 DCLB 4X4
    Firestone Ride-Rites, Leer 180 cap, custom box anchors
    I'll throw in my 2 cents as someone who has bought a set of take-off Sport rims. What pushed me to buy was finding a set that came off the truck right away with brand new tires.
    My 2009 Sport had rims that were just starting to show a little bit of weathering/chipping around the edges. I planned to drive the truck for many years and liked the stock look so I started looking for a set of take-off rims. I knew what replacing my tires had cost so I was able to factor that in when I found a set of take-offs, nearly 0 miles on the tires, rims in brand new mint condition and lugs (no sensors). I paid 800 for the set but still had good tread on the truck so I stored the new set in the garage. That winter I totaled the truck but the new rims and tires are still stored to go on my new truck, probably as summer wheels once the originals get some more wear on them (my new truck is an SR5 with the off-road style alloys).
    It's too late for some but that's my advice, don't wait to take-off the wheels and sell them, do it when the truck is new, it can make it much easier for the buyer to pull the trigger and will differentiate your wheels from the others and the buyer will know the rims are flawless as well.

Products Discussed in

To Top