1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

4 Cylinder 4x4 Automatic

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by SMHdavid, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Apr 10, 2015 at 8:27 PM
    SMHdavid

SMHdavid [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    California
    Vehicle:
    Sport
    Hello TW!
    2 questions for you.

I am wanting to get a 4x4 regular cab 4 cylinder but I want automatic. So far I have only seen manual in that configuration. Does an automatic exist in that configuration?

Second question is I want to get one as cheap as possible because I want to build it up a bit. Would you recommend buying an early model one like a 2006 that needs body work or a newer one from 2012-2014?

Thank you for your input.

2. Apr 10, 2015 at 10:35 PM
    723rdCAT

723rdCAT Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    15 SR5 4x4 access cab mgm
    Yes there are automatic 2.7L 4x4 I drive a 2014 routinely that is a work truck. At my nearest dealer they had a 15 coming in when I bought my truck of course an access cab as single cabs aren't made any more.

As to the second question depends on how much you want to spend. I'm guessing that a 2.7L auto 4x4 regular cab might be hard to find. I'm willing to bet that most regular cab 2.7L sold where manuals though a smaller number where automatic.

Honestly do to resale value you'd be better off buying a new vs. newer used. The other problem you may have is that finding a good unmodified example might take awhile.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  3. Apr 10, 2015 at 11:15 PM
    docfire

docfire New Member

Member:
    Jackson, ca
    Vehicle:
    14 reg cab 2.7l 4x4
    Fltrucks nav, crusie control mod, undercover bed cover
    I have a 2014 2.7l reg cab auto. The autos came with bucket seats and a full center console. Also it comes with the entune "audio" touch screen with BT. It's not pre wired for backup cam, cruise control or stering wheel controls. But the crusie control only needs two wires.

Products Discussed in

To Top