1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Alright I know they handle great on the road...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by SilverStreekTaco, May 11, 2009.

1. May 11, 2009 at 8:20 PM
    SilverStreekTaco

SilverStreekTaco [OP] New Member

Member:
    san jose
    Vehicle:
    08 access cab SR5
    but what about off road? I know i have the off road package and i am getting a toytec 3" lift. How much can I beat my truck off road but make sure not to break stuff, such as speed vs hills, fast turns/handling, suspension tweaks, stuff like that, precuatious first? or can i be messy and as long as im careful not to hit anything underneath am i good?

2. May 11, 2009 at 8:23 PM
    DanGer

DanGer Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    They are very tough within reason. I personally would not jump them or anything, but they can do some hardcore work offroad.

You best advice would be from someone who tested the limits and failed...

3. May 11, 2009 at 8:24 PM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    Not sure if you have a 4x4 or prerunner...

Anyway I have an 08 TRD Off-Road PreRunner and I did a hell of a lot more with it than I thought possible. With the locker engaged and tires aired down (I set to approx 25psi)... it climbed up most hills with really no prob. I don't know the meaning of taking it easy, I've driven some sand washes at 70 before, this weekend probably topped out at 40 but it's twisty and narrow. Overall it's pretty smooth (considering the terrain and a truck of course) and I've yet to have any problems. Feels really stable. Of course, keep in mind it IS easy to roll a truck so, I wouldn't do anything stupid with it either like try to whip the tail out at 50. Plenty of videos (and done myself) of doing some donuts in the dirt and such... It'll take some good abuse.

Your tires, however, will hate you. :thumbsup:

Also I'm at 18.5k on the ODO, taken it up to 4peaks, rosevelt, mt lemmon control road, some other light trail (though I punch it on the trails lol)... Alignment is still 100% in.

Products Discussed in

To Top