1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Removing 3 inch lift?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Joel Adams, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Apr 19, 2015 at 4:17 PM
    Joel Adams

Joel Adams [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD double cab short bed
    3 inch lift (don't know what company...bought it from the stealership and they didn't know. But, i am planning on getting a 3 inch ToyTec BOSS suspension kit.) , 16" Gear Alloy blackjack 718B, 33" Hankook tires (Again, dont know why hankook...really dont care because i plan on mounting up some Mastercraft Courser MXTs soon.), Bull bar, Lund nerf bars, Rhino lined stock rear bumper, Bulletproof fabrication Grill with FJ40 style lettering and LEDs, Locking center console.
    Recently i purchased my first Tacoma. I am coming from a highly modified Jeep TJ... I know i have come to the dark side... anyways the only reason i sold the old POS if because i killed it and didn't feel like replacing the engine and tranny. The taco i bought is a 2007 prerunner double cab short bed. I got it from the stealership who got it as a trade in from someone else, so they didn't have any specs on it at all except that it was a prerunner with a 3 inch lift.:facepalm: i didn't buy it because it was lifted, it was just a good deal. What i want to know is what it would take to un-install the lift. It has blocks in the back so removing those would be simple enough. Removing all the components from the front wouldn't be hard by any means it would take longer. What I'm wondering is how much would buying an OEM suspension set up set me back? I've tried craigslist for the stock set up just in case someone had one up for sale. But, no luck. Should i go to the Toyota dealership to get all these parts, because I'm running by there to pick up a replacement grill because the first owner put some stupid all chrome after market grill on it. Or, is there any where else i should look first? Or is there anyone in the south east (im in SC) who has one laying around and would sell it to me? Lastly is there anything else i would have to undo that was modded because of a lift being installed like drive shafts? Brake lines? The ride is fine with the lift in I just want to do the whole build myself so i know what went into it. Unless there is something horribly wrong with reverting it from lifted to stock or something that is going to cost too much i can leave it for now. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

2. Apr 19, 2015 at 4:29 PM
    Joel Adams

Joel Adams [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD double cab short bed
    3 inch lift (don't know what company...bought it from the stealership and they didn't know. But, i am planning on getting a 3 inch ToyTec BOSS suspension kit.) , 16" Gear Alloy blackjack 718B, 33" Hankook tires (Again, dont know why hankook...really dont care because i plan on mounting up some Mastercraft Courser MXTs soon.), Bull bar, Lund nerf bars, Rhino lined stock rear bumper, Bulletproof fabrication Grill with FJ40 style lettering and LEDs, Locking center console.
    I would but right now there is a big ass thunderstorm outside and tornado warnings... I'll put up some pics in the next couple days when i get around to it though.

3. Apr 19, 2015 at 4:38 PM
    Josh828

Josh828 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Avery NC
    Vehicle:
    14 White TRD Off road, Mid travel mountain truck
    FOX 2.5 extended travel, Fox 2.0 rears, LR UCA, XSPX rims, some light bars, and switches
    Ill sell you the stock TRD off road once i pick something else out, or we may be able to switch until then. Im in school at charlotte, which is close to SC lol

4. Apr 19, 2015 at 4:43 PM
    Bamo

Bamo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Barry
    North Port, FL
    Vehicle:
    09 Regular Cab 4x4
    I have a set of stock stuff here in FL if you ever make it down here.

5. Apr 19, 2015 at 4:49 PM
    MadDaddy

MadDaddy Pork Rind Extraordinaire

Member:
    53 Miles West of Venus
    Many & varied
    I've got a set of TRD Sport Bilsteins & coils ready to bolt on. I'm an hour from South Carolina. They're boxed and ready to go. I'm a motivated seller :)

6. Apr 19, 2015 at 6:02 PM
    glwood6

glwood6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    03 XCab Prerunner
    Bilstein 4600 shocks.
    Just curious - why are you spending the $$ for a stock suspension when you plan to put a 3" Toytec Boss suspension on?

7. Apr 19, 2015 at 6:09 PM
    rogs6266

rogs6266 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Alliance, OHIO
    Vehicle:
    '13 TRD Sport 4X4 DCLB MGM
    SOS weld on sliders, SOS bed rack, SOS front aluminum winch bumper with center and head light hoops, Stealth 6 wheels wrapped in goodyear duratracs, 285-70/17 Beer opener in bed, Thule roof rack on factory rack, Tool box, bed mat, K&N cai, flowmaster side out duals, and tailgate extender, Fog light anytime mod, no mud flaps mod Weathertech full set, Wet okoles front and rears, full OME 886 suspension lift with Dakars in rear, smittybilt X20 comp 10 winch, factor 55 yellow pro link,
    i got 885x coils and top spacers, TRD Sport wheels with tires

8. May 18, 2015 at 9:21 AM
    Tarzan13

Tarzan13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Longmont, CO
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC TRD Off-road
    I am in a similar situation, I found a Gen-1 DC. I am considering making an offer, but its lifted and I want stock suspension and 31's since I have my TJ for offroading. Whats "TW" stand for, Tacoma World? It seems like all of the decent deals under $15K have lifts on them.

9. May 18, 2015 at 10:09 AM
    Up2NoGood

Up2NoGood Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jaimes
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Sport DCLB
    If you are going to do your own lift then why put it back to stock first? Wouldn't it be cheaper and less time spent to figure out what lift you want and round up the needed parts for that?

Tarzan13 likes this.
  10. May 18, 2015 at 10:12 AM
    Up2NoGood

Up2NoGood Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jaimes
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Sport DCLB
    Agree with most here though that you could buy stock suspension here with low mileage for a good price.

11. May 18, 2015 at 3:47 PM
    WhiteNemesis

WhiteNemesis Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mr PattyCakes
    T-Town, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Cant get enough
    Blow it through the roof
    OP I too have stock shocks and springs ready to go if you are still going this route

12. May 18, 2015 at 5:08 PM
    ClemsonMGM

ClemsonMGM Even Firemen Need Heroes...

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Workin the pole!
    Vehicle:
    12 Ram 2500
    Where in sc are you. And post pics of the front suspension..

13. May 18, 2015 at 5:13 PM
    Pigpen

Pigpen My truck is never clean

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    2012 AC Manual 4.0 4x4 Base Model
    Access cab toolbox/ dog bed with seats and headrests deleted, waterproof TRD seat covers, yellow wire mod, diff breather relocated to tail light, engine block heater, Leer topper with Yakima tracks and rack, Yakima rack on cab, Ride Rite with Daystar cradles, CBI hidden front hitch, wired for winch front and rear Warn quick connect, Warn x8000i on external carrier, sway bar delete, trailer plug relocated to bumper, Pelfreybilt IFS and Mid skids, ECGS front diff bushing, ARB CKMA12 compressor, 255/85/16 Backcountrry MT 3 load E tires on stock steel rims, Up2NoGood heated mirror kit, Husky X-act Contour front floor liners, Northstar AGM 24F battery, Pelfreybilt bolt on sliders with kickout and top plates, TRD Pro headlights, Depo smoked tail lights, Energy suspension body mount bushing kit, OME Dakar leaf packs with AAL, Billstein B110 rear shocks, OME 90021 front shocks with 885 coils, SPC LR UCAs, Up2NoGood 2wd low range mod, 4 Wheel Campers Grandby slide in camper

Products Discussed in

To Top