1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Reg cab bucket seats 4 cyl & Transmission control - mpg type question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Madeleine, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Apr 22, 2015 at 6:51 PM
    Madeleine

Madeleine [OP] Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    00 reg cab 2.7 manual 4wd
    I am in the market for a newer Tacoma. I have a mt reg cab with bucket seats that I love and newer ones without bench seats are rare as hens teeth now except I am finding a few with automatic transmission and the bucket seats . I live in the mountains and think I need the control of a manual transmission as I have steep muddy roads in winter that I need to regularly negotiate. I have an Isuzu passport w/ automatic that requires me to use 4 low just to get down my hill which is just wrong so am tentative about getting another at. I can do it with the manual in 1st or 2nd easy. So how much control does an automatic Toyota transmission give you on steeper muddy or icy pitches? Also what kind of mpg do you get with your reg cab with AT? Thanks

2. Apr 22, 2015 at 7:56 PM
    adamr94

adamr94 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    NC
    Vehicle:
    06 Regular Cab 4x4
    MOST 4x4 regular cabs came with a 5 speed. I believe 2012+ is when they offered an automatic 4x4 reg cab.

Honestly though, if you're gonna get a 4 cyl pickup I feel you need a manual trans instead of a 4 speed auto

Products Discussed in

To Top