1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wiper resting position error

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by knayrb, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Apr 24, 2015 at 7:50 PM
    knayrb

knayrb [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Somewhere in the square states
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl-Cab Off-Road
    Pure stock
    I can't find anything about this in a search. This happened once before about 6 months ago and now again today.

While using the wiper's mist function (lifting it up to manually cycle the wipers) the blades would go to the bottom and then back up about 2 inches and stop. I did it again and again and each time the wiper went to resting position about 2 inches from the bottom normal position. When moving the lever down one notch to the intermittent position it just went into regular slow speed mode. After about an hour of driving in the rain it healed itself and went to normal intermittent and the correct resting position. This is the second time it has done this and healed itself.

Is there a sensor that I could adjust or clean? Any ideas on a fix or is it a motor replacement?

Thanks.

2. Apr 24, 2015 at 8:39 PM
    Island Cruiser

Island Cruiser TVita

Member:
    Kauai
    Vehicle:
    Baja
    This happens occasionally. Annoying as hell but it only happens for like a couple days. After not needing to use it for a while and I switch them on, they go back to their original resting position.

3. Apr 24, 2015 at 9:13 PM
    tacoma4

tacoma4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    It happens, don't know why. Flip it to super fast mode for a second then to off fixes mine.

4. Apr 24, 2015 at 9:27 PM
    Conumdrum

Conumdrum Well-Known Member

Member:
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma
    2WD Sport Nav SC V-6 Mall crawler Home Depot truck
    That reminds me of something so very visual and soundwiseish. Coming back from a concert in my early 20's it was raining. We were all full of fun natural and non-natural chemicals. In today's climate, I'll say the driver was Morman, married with children (ran a shoe store) and a member of the NRA, so we were safe. The windshield wipers were the exact speed as the long version of a Led Zeppelin song on the radio. I was in the passenger seat, it was very mind blowing for a very very long time.

Just thought you'd like to know. I'm 57 now, I remember that, but not anything else during the concert or the drive home.

Products Discussed in

To Top