Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Aero custom exhaust

Old 05-13-2009, 09:04 AM   #1
j1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Justin
j1999t's Tacoma Gallery
Aero custom exhaust

Hey guys, just picked up a 2006 Toyota Tacoma D-cab short bed V6 with auto transmission... already done a few good mods to it

I have noticed on this site there is little mention about putting an Aero Turbine on the truck...

Has ANYONE done this? if so, do they like how it sounds, etc?

ill be putting a 3030 aero in place of the magnaflow muffler, 3 inch pipe to a 3.5 inch chrome slash cut tip...
Old 05-13-2009, 10:58 AM   #2
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
it will more than likely sound like raspy dog shit.
sorry, this is one of my least fav mufflers. (youtube vids)
no offense to any aero-ers out there.

why are u ditching the magnaflow man?
Old 05-13-2009, 11:00 AM   #3
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
I would keep the magnaflow. Aero exhaust like Jonnysrt said it will sound AWFUL
Old 05-13-2009, 12:12 PM   #5
j1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Justin
j1999t's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, what about a resonated aero 3030xl ? would that sound better? or would i be better off just going 3 inch from the magnaflow to a 3.5inch slash cut chrome tip?
Old 05-14-2009, 01:43 PM   #8
keneke007 is on a distinguished road
keneke007's Tacoma Gallery
Hey 1BlkT and FluffyMonkey I have a question for you two. I am looking to do an exhaust mod on my truck with the 2525XL. I already have DT long tubes installed and am ready to free up the downstream side. Is that muffler really loud and raspy when on the pedal or is it just a a few levels louder than the stock one. I have read that it is closer to stock when cruising until you lay on it, but it isn't that loud and raspy. What is your opinion on your system? Thanks in advance!
Old 05-14-2009, 06:53 PM   #9
Token
Fluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Fluffymonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by keneke007 View Post
Hey 1BlkT and FluffyMonkey I have a question for you two. I am looking to do an exhaust mod on my truck with the 2525XL. I already have DT long tubes installed and am ready to free up the downstream side. Is that muffler really loud and raspy when on the pedal or is it just a a few levels louder than the stock one. I have read that it is closer to stock when cruising until you lay on it, but it isn't that loud and raspy. What is your opinion on your system? Thanks in advance!

I would say it's noticably louder than stock at cruising speeds then it really screams once you step on it. I think a lot of people don't like it because it's not as deep and throaty as some of the more popular exhausts such as flowmaster or magnaflow. I wouldn't call it raspy but it's definitely not as throaty when stepped on. I like it, so that's all that matters.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:04 PM   #10
keneke007 is on a distinguished road
keneke007's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffymonkey View Post
I would say it's noticably louder than stock at cruising speeds then it really screams once you step on it. I think a lot of people don't like it because it's not as deep and throaty as some of the more popular exhausts such as flowmaster or magnaflow. I wouldn't call it raspy but it's definitely not as throaty when stepped on. I like it, so that's all that matters.
Thanks for the info and I will give it serious consideration when making my final choice. I am not sure about some of the other mufflers on a Taco except for flowmasters since I have heard them on the street and highway on a taco. I use to have dual flowmasters w/ pre-crossover pipes in my old '74 GMC w/ a 454 big block in it, but at times the drone (deep tone) was a bit too loud for me even with borla intercooled/chambered tips. But that was a 7.4 liters and not a 4.0 V6. Oh well sometimes you just have to do what one feels is right and I am glad you like your aeros! Thanks again!
Old 05-20-2009, 09:01 PM   #11
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by j1999t View Post
yeah, what about a resonated aero 3030xl ? would that sound better? or would i be better off just going 3 inch from the magnaflow to a 3.5inch slash cut chrome tip?

3" pipes on a 4.0 is a little overkill man!