Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Mourn the loss of my '07, welcome my '09

Old 05-13-2009, 04:32 PM   #1
Chopper4Pilot is on a distinguished road
Chopper4Pilot's Tacoma Gallery
Mourn the loss of my '07, welcome my '09

On February 28th, 2009 a Laurel, MD cop ran a red light and T-boned my taco (2007 DC 4x4 TRD Sport, Silver Strk Mica) in the right door. I never saw him (narrow street he was on), and I had a green light. His cruiser pushed me out of my lane into a utility pole. Truck was totalled by insurance. Check my gallery for pics. I'm ok, walked away with only a seat-belt bruise. That truck did such a great job of protecting me, I just HAD to get another one. Say hello to my 2009 4x4 DC TRD Sport in magnetic gray! Got the tube side-steps and bed extender on this one! Also, just put a TRD cue-ball style shift knob on it, looks great. Pics of wrecked '07:

My new 2009:

Cue-ball shift knob:
Old 05-13-2009, 04:35 PM   #2
tacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud of

Name: Levi
tacoma08MZ's Tacoma Gallery
wow men looked pretty bad! as long as everyone was ok though, and you got a new truck again!
Old 05-13-2009, 04:39 PM   #5
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
holy smoke chopper. glad you walked away. tacomas are pretty damn safe. congradz on the new taco.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:41 PM   #6
Dirty White Boy
Marc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
Marc M's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Marc M
Glad everything turned out ok, and you weren't hurt to bad.

Local police, possibly PA State Troopers ran a red light a few miles from my house years ago killing one of my brothers best friends sister.

Marc M
Old 05-13-2009, 04:51 PM   #9
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Nice lookin 09, Need to watch them MD cops there crazy
Old 05-13-2009, 04:56 PM   #12
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
I was inches from being another one with San Francisco police. I had the right of way at a blind 2-way stop intersection. I headed into it at 23MPH when a cruiser with 2 cops in it came blazing through their stopsign doing about 35MPH-no lights, no siren. I hit the brakes in time to be missed by about 2-3 feet! They stopped short and the cop in the passenger side stuck his head out his window giving me the stinkeye. Since it was 4:00Am, I was 4 blocks from work, and no witnesses I figured I better swallow my anger and move on so I did. The look from that cop told me how it would've went down otherwise.
PS-no accountability with the police dept?? Were they on a call?
Old 05-13-2009, 05:03 PM   #14
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiikeyD View Post
Get down!!!!... We need to get in the choppa!!! And sign a bill which will raise california states taxesssssss!!!!!!!! Highaaaaaa!!!!!!!
hahaha i know right. 1a-1f or whatever. such a joke.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:04 PM   #15
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry about the old truck,glad you were OK...Congrats on the new truck.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:07 PM   #16
SMO
SaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
SaltySteve's Tacoma Gallery
Wow man. Good deal on escaping harm (more or less).

That's the EXACT truck I've been looking at. Sooo envious of you right now. Looks really good!
Old 05-13-2009, 05:42 PM   #17
Thanks for all the kind words guys! They are really safe trucks. They're very well made, and quite solid. I loved my '07, but I like the '09 even more. While the improvements aren't huge, the little tweaks here and refinements there add up to a really nice truck.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:50 PM   #18
Simon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Simon2150's Tacoma Gallery
Oh wow, glad to know you weren't hurt and you got a SICK replacement!
Old 05-13-2009, 05:58 PM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
Did the airbags deploy? Glad to hear you're OK & about the new truck though...
Yes, the driver's side did. The passenger side did not as I had no passengers.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:24 PM   #20
Mainland Newfie
mainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud of
mainland_newfie's Tacoma Gallery
hope the pd paid for the new one and all the specs to match it to the 07. If not I'm sure its something that a trip to a lawyer would cure. Def settle out of court and get everything you want, haha.