Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

SRS Airbag Indicator light came on today...

Old 05-16-2009, 06:35 PM   #1
wwjdweldingman has a spectacular aura aboutwwjdweldingman has a spectacular aura aboutwwjdweldingman has a spectacular aura about
wwjdweldingman's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation SRS Airbag Indicator light came on today...

Has anyone had experience in this happening to there truck? and if so what was the cause of you light coming on???

any input would be helpful

thanks
Old 05-16-2009, 06:42 PM   #3
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Mine came on when the truck was almost new. I found a loose connector under the drivers seat and replugged it. Good ever since.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:51 PM   #4
wwjdweldingman has a spectacular aura aboutwwjdweldingman has a spectacular aura aboutwwjdweldingman has a spectacular aura about
thanks for your input ill have to check under the seats and start taking panels off to check all the connectors..
Old 05-20-2009, 09:40 PM   #5
Update: SRS airbag light

so i took my truck to the dealer today to check the light, and they charged me $55 and found 6 fault codes, cleared them and reset the light and told me if it comes on again its most likely my ECU.. and it'll need to be replaced..
Old 05-20-2009, 09:43 PM   #6
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
Ouch, poor Taco. Hope it doesn't happen again.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:52 AM   #7
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjdweldingman View Post
so i took my truck to the dealer today to check the light, and they charged me $55 and found 6 fault codes, cleared them and reset the light and told me if it comes on again its most likely my ECU.. and it'll need to be replaced..
I believe many auto parts stores will check your codes for free.

That does suck! We had random lights coming on in our Jeep and found that the battery was leaking acid onto the main wire harness and it needed replaced.

I hope it doesn't happen again!