Notices

Should I paint the truck or not

View Poll Results: Should I paint it?
No! Leave it as it is 14 7.33%
Yes! Looks 10X better 158 82.72%
Looks good either way 19 9.95%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-18-2009, 09:28 AM   #1
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Should I paint the truck or not

What do you guys think, should I paint the bumpers and grill to match the truck, or should I leave it like it is, here are some comparison pics:

Stock:

Painted: (Photochop)

Old 05-18-2009, 09:30 AM   #2
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Paint it NOW. It looks awesome
Old 05-18-2009, 09:31 AM   #3
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
do the BHLM, i think it will look good on your truck as is, but if you dont like it, it also would look good with the matched paint
Old 05-18-2009, 09:31 AM   #4
Desert Rat
AzPrerunner05 is a name known to allAzPrerunner05 is a name known to allAzPrerunner05 is a name known to allAzPrerunner05 is a name known to allAzPrerunner05 is a name known to allAzPrerunner05 is a name known to all

AzPrerunner05's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah. Good photshop job! I like it color matched, w/ a bit of black on the lip.
Go for it, a little one off look for your taco.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:32 AM   #5
Anthony999 is a jewel in the roughAnthony999 is a jewel in the roughAnthony999 is a jewel in the roughAnthony999 is a jewel in the rough

Anthony999's Tacoma Gallery
I didnt think it would make that big of a difference at first, but once I saw my truck after they were painted, I was amazed at how much of a difference it makes. Definitely paint it.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:33 AM   #6
LARGE Member
BLUVVV has a spectacular aura aboutBLUVVV has a spectacular aura aboutBLUVVV has a spectacular aura about

Name: Bryce
BLUVVV's Tacoma Gallery
YUP! i think it looks way cleaner painted...do it!
Old 05-18-2009, 09:33 AM   #7
Desert Rat
AzPrerunner05 is a name known to allAzPrerunner05 is a name known to allAzPrerunner05 is a name known to allAzPrerunner05 is a name known to allAzPrerunner05 is a name known to allAzPrerunner05 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
do the BHLM, i think it will look good on your truck as is, but if you dont like it, it also would look good with the matched paint
that's also an interesting one...
leave the black bumper and grille surround...
then, Satoshi w/ bhlm!
just saying....
it would look sick.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:37 AM   #8
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
Paint it!!
Old 05-18-2009, 09:39 AM   #9
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (2T2X1)Air Force Rigger
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
Paint the Truck Black to Match the bumpers.. then get black Rims..Black Tint, Black Emblems.. and Murder it out...

well i guess just doing the bumpers white would be easier and looke good.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:41 AM   #10
Anthony999 is a jewel in the roughAnthony999 is a jewel in the roughAnthony999 is a jewel in the roughAnthony999 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09AFTacoma View Post
well i guess just doing the bumpers white would be easier and looke good.
Cheaper too
Old 05-18-2009, 09:41 AM   #11
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
Definitely Color Match the front end, it makes the front end look 100x better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
speaking of BHLM, has anyone ever done white or another color instead of black?
Old 05-18-2009, 09:42 AM   #12
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Anthonny999 after seeing your truck and another user's (I don't remember his name) white painted base taco, its what has given me the urge to paint it, your truck looks great.

Quote:
YUP! i think it looks way cleaner painted...do it!
Thats what Im shooting for, a clean look, something that someone who does not know about Tacomas would probably think that the truck came stock this way.

I like the BHLM but like I mentioned above Im trying to shoot for a stock looking clean look, further down the road, when I want a change in look I will probably do it along with the satoshi.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:44 AM   #13
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes there is a white tacoma with white headlights around and a red one with color matched headlights too.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:44 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8WhiteTaco View Post
Im thinking about changing mine to white, because I got them off ebay and they didnt seel them right so now I have to clean up the inside of them so might as well change it.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:44 AM   #15
Desert Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8WhiteTaco View Post
Definitely Color Match the front end, it makes the front end look 100x better.

There's a WHLM out there.
I think there's a thread about this. I'm sure theres a speedway blue hlm, if not someone should do it
Old 05-18-2009, 09:45 AM   #16
Jag/Nole Fanatic!
Rippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
Rippin101's Tacoma Gallery
Paint! Great job on Photoshop, looks real!
Old 05-18-2009, 09:49 AM   #17

The other Tacoma yur thinking of is speckdzl4shzl. He has a regular cab base with everything painted to match, BHLM tinted tails, and xrunner wheels
Old 05-18-2009, 09:50 AM   #18
MUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to all

MUDFISH's Tacoma Gallery
another vote for painting it...
Old 05-18-2009, 09:51 AM   #19
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
I will go on Friday to get a quote for painting the 2 bumpers and grill, There is a place 5 minutes from my house, he worked on my Ranger and painted my brother's truck he does good work. I would prefer to take off the parts and take them to him instead of leaving the truck there if I decide to do it. How difficult is it to take the front bumper cover off????
Old 05-18-2009, 09:51 AM   #20
Allow myself to introduce myself...
Whataboutbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhataboutbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhataboutbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhataboutbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhataboutbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhataboutbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhataboutbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhataboutbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhataboutbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhataboutbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhataboutbob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Whataboutbob's Tacoma Gallery
I'd paint 'em. The X-Runner wheels look awsome on your reg. cab!!