Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

tranny issue...maybe? sort of?

Old 05-18-2009, 07:57 PM   #1
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
tranny issue...maybe? sort of?

so i just picked up my 05 reg cab 4x4 a couple weeks ago. so far love the truck, until today. i dunno if there is actually an issue, or if i'm still just used to my car and not the truck. i been noticing today that while i was driving, it was gettin sort of notchy going from first to second. and i also noticed when i was at a light and i took the truck out of gear and let off the clutch pedal, it made a loud clicking sound...almost like the same sound as when switching between gears. its hard to describe, what i'm saying probably makes no sense. hopefully someone knows what i'm talkin about haha. basically, i dunno if these are normal noises for this truck and i'd hate to make an appt at the dealer to pay them to tell me its normal noises. they may be normal noises and it may shift like that, and i'm just very used to the sounds my integra's 5 speed makes. truck has 41K miles on it, so if there is an issue, i still got some time left under the warranty. any ideas?
Old 05-18-2009, 08:15 PM   #2
06dak will become famous soon enough06dak will become famous soon enough
06dak's Tacoma Gallery
1st to 2nd notchiness, I think is common. I've noticed it's better if you make that change real slow or at higher RPM, seems to smooth out.

The clicking I've not heard of...

I understand being worried about noises. Everything my truck does strange I'm suspicious of, due to mine having low miles (23k on an '05)
Old 05-19-2009, 08:22 AM   #3
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
so is this something worth making an appt for? or just deal with it cuz its a truck and will obviously drive differently than my car
Old 05-19-2009, 08:46 AM   #4
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
If you have any concern on it, take it to the dealer for an inspection while it's under warranty instead of finding out after it's out of warranty you could have got it fixed free.

While you're there convince a sales person to let you test drive an '09 manual and see if it's the same.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:53 AM   #5
Rocking your mom's world Since 1997
drew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
Mine was doing that and then got 1 Billion times worse last month. It's really irritating. Sometimes I can't even shift into 1st when at a dead stop. The weird thing is that it's intermittent, which leads me to believe it's not a transmission issue, but rather an issue with the clutch disengaging properly. Some days it shifts like butter, but most of the time it's like jamming a fork into a blender if I don't match RPMs well.

Mine's an '06 with 26K. Still under bumper to bumper warranty (barely), but my dealer is giving me shit about fixing it because I installed an Auto Locker in the rear diff. I think they're trying to delay until the warenty is up.

I'll be taking it to a different dealer after this one does the suspension TSB. I have no idea how I convinced them to do the TSB under warrenty on my regular cab.

Cavender Toyota in San Antonio = pain in the ASS
Old 05-19-2009, 07:13 PM   #6
i think i'll make an apt just to be on the safe side, i just hate to fork out money for them to tell me something i just told them haha