Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tube Steps Lengths

Old 05-19-2009, 10:45 AM   #1
powerban is on a distinguished road
powerban's Tacoma Gallery
Tube Steps Lengths

Hey guys! First off I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Jeff and I will be picking up my Super White DC LB tomorrow and need to pick up some tube steps.

From what ive noticed is that there are two lengths available. One that fills in the gap from tire to tire. And the other stops at the end of the rear door leaving a small gap. Which do you guys prefer? I prefer the idea of filling up the gap but Im not too fond of it not meshing with the line in between the bed and cab. I know im weird like that. Any suggestions? Color? Length? Brand? It'll be a daily driver with no off roading so no need to get sliders.

Thanks.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:31 PM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
What steps have you seen that fill the gap (tire to tire)?

I've been yearning for wheel-to-wheel running boards for my Access cab forever. I've researched a tons of shit and haven't found much of anything that I could use without needing to fabricate new mounting points. That wouldn't be a big deal - however - buying something and not knowing if you can make it work...is a big deal. And why I haven't bought anything.

I almost need to find something that mounts to the frame... because the Access cab and double cab frams are the same that I've seen.

Most tube steps/running boards I've seen all mount to the cab/body.

What have you discovered? I'm still on the hunt....
I'm not paticularly fond of tube steps and maybe that's why I haven't found anything I want/like that fits my criteria.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:45 PM   #3
powerban is on a distinguished road
powerban's Tacoma Gallery
I havent discovered anything really. The ones I was referring to are the Toyota tube steps made for the DC LB. They extend past the door. All the research I've been doing are from pics on this forum.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:06 PM   #4
petersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
petersharp's Tacoma Gallery
Hey,

I have a pair for sale if you're interested. They stretch from about 4" from the front mud flap to about 12" from the lowest part of the rear wheel arch.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...ouble-cab.html
Old 05-20-2009, 04:32 AM   #5
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerban View Post
I havent discovered anything really. The ones I was referring to are the Toyota tube steps made for the DC LB. They extend past the door. All the research I've been doing are from pics on this forum.
Darnit....

I want a step that continues to the back tire so I can step on it and reach into the bed.

Some square tube rocksliders would be perfect, but I don't wanna weld them to the frame and they're more money than I wanna spend for what I need them for.

Oh well...Thanks anyway!
Back to the drawing board!