Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tires backward?

Old 05-19-2009, 04:11 PM   #21
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Also if you continue your driver side tire around like you were backing up a foot and a half. It would end up looking exactly like the passenger one. It's cyclical.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:21 PM   #22
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws4ua View Post
I'm actually surprised that Krazie didn't post in this thread advising to take all of the tires off, then drive to the dealership on the rims to get a whole new set. (You know... b/c if you drive too much on the original tires you won't be able to return them.)
I hate you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEtaco View Post
haha, I don't think I'm that bad. At least I like to think I'm not.
I hate you too.

Burn in the 7 fires of hell.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:29 PM   #23
2009tacomav6 is just really nice2009tacomav6 is just really nice2009tacomav6 is just really nice2009tacomav6 is just really nice
Navy:
2009tacomav6's Tacoma Gallery
yea you totally need some new ones... look at the mich LTX tires... they are really great in ride, fantastic in tread wear. I got 40k out of mine and still had good tread wear.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:37 PM   #24
www.BeLikeBrit.org
fletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
fletch aka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
emblem? god I feel like an idiot.
No, that's why you come here. You should see some of the stuff we discover together here. Like the little storage compartment under the dash on the drivers side. I have seen owners that for a couple of years did not know about that one. No stupid questions here.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:43 PM   #25
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I took my '09 for it's first oil change yesterday and opted out on rotating my tires since they're holding up just fine. However, when I got home and took a look over everything I noticed that the stock dunlop's are mounted in the opposite direction on the drivers side. I just noticed this after 4500 miles and it came from the dealer like this. I plan on going back to the dealer tomorrow to get them remounted and I guess I'll rotate them since they'll be taking the wheels off anyways.

Anyone else ever run in to this before?
Quote:
Originally Posted by badguybuster View Post
Looks like you need new ones anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009tacomav6 View Post
yea you totally need some new ones... look at the mich LTX tires... they are really great in ride, fantastic in tread wear. I got 40k out of mine and still had good tread wear.
Based on his original post, I REALLY hope the pictures are just a poor angle for the tread. SURELY he doesn't need new tires after just 4,500 miles.

Also, EEtaco... don't feel bad. I've asked some REALLY stupid questions in the year that I've been a member. Just be glad that you were laughed at a little on the internet and not face-to-face like the guys at the dealership would have.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:48 PM   #26
Jazzfan has a spectacular aura aboutJazzfan has a spectacular aura aboutJazzfan has a spectacular aura about

Jazzfan's Tacoma Gallery
Thats awesome!!!!
Old 05-19-2009, 07:49 PM   #27
EEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really nice

Firefighter:
Name: Stefan
EEtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I was looking to upgrade to 265/75/16 BFG AT's by the end of the summer, but those mich look good too.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:51 PM   #28
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009tacomav6 View Post

And they have excellent wet traction I've found.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:55 PM   #29
Navigator has a spectacular aura aboutNavigator has a spectacular aura aboutNavigator has a spectacular aura about

Navigator's Tacoma Gallery
I rotated my tires last week and thought the same thing EEtaco. I saw the arrow and immediately thought they were directional, especially since the arrow was pointing forward on both sides of the vehicle. I just came inside and did a quick google search and made sure that they were in fact not direction tires.

On the directional Michelin truck tires at work there is just small arrow, you'd barely notice it unless you knew it was there.

Another lesson learned as they say.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:09 PM   #30
EEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really nice

Firefighter:
EEtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Based on his original post, I REALLY hope the pictures are just a poor angle for the tread. SURELY he doesn't need new tires after just 4,500 miles.
I had to go out to look at the tires to check again, but the tread isn't terrible. The camera was just at a bad angle to view the tread depth. There's a little uneven wear, so I'll rotate them anyways. Gives me a reason go back and get some touch-up paint too.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:12 AM   #31
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
EE... I know this is a long shot and college campuses are big places, but I noticed you're location is Miss. State. Any chance you know Quint Northern? I'm guessing he's a Jr. now (or will be in the fall). He was one of the kids in the youth group at my church. Great guy.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:49 PM   #32
papabear050 will become famous soon enough
papabear050's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Dood, don't worry about it. Here, this will make you feel better, and it is all true!!!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...3318-halp.html
That is nothing.... don't feel so bad Krazie... Epic Fail... read on to Page 2

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226570
Old 05-20-2009, 02:53 PM   #33
81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
some people should not be allowed to own cars.

you are one of them
Old 05-20-2009, 02:59 PM   #34
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81shark View Post
some people should not be allowed to own cars.

you are one of them
Wow, tell us how you really feel...no wait you just did. Were you joking, or are you really being an ass?
Old 05-20-2009, 03:18 PM   #35
Resident Jackass

Quote:
Originally Posted by papabear050 View Post

Wow, at least I just panicked and put automotive liquid back in the automobile.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:14 PM   #36
papabear050 will become famous soon enough
papabear050's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
Wow, at least I just panicked and put automotive liquid back in the automobile.
ahahha... now that is funny... just tryin to take some heat of ya Krazie Sj... you know we all just havin fun with you though and not really being dicks
Old 05-20-2009, 05:50 PM   #37

Firefighter:
EEtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
EE... I know this is a long shot and college campuses are big places, but I noticed you're location is Miss. State. Any chance you know Quint Northern? I'm guessing he's a Jr. now (or will be in the fall). He was one of the kids in the youth group at my church. Great guy.
Name sounds familiar. I may have met him before, but I'm not 100%. I'm just a local, starting there in the fall.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:14 PM   #38
StandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Prior service. KC135 Crew Chief
Name: John
StandingCow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by papabear050 View Post

ROFL!! Wow... wow...