Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Anyone got a stoft top?

Old 05-19-2009, 07:18 PM   #1
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone got a stoft top?

Going to be me making a lot of small road trips in my truck in the next coming months... As well as several camping trips. Got an air matress that fits perfectly in the bed and now I'm contemplating getting a soft top. Turn the bed of my tuck into a tent. I used to just sleep in my backseat (seats folded down) but with two people it just wont work. How water tight are they? I don't need something to survive hurricaine Katrina but I don' t wanna get wet in some light rain... Pics would be great if anyone has 'em.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:35 AM   #3
MGH-PA will become famous soon enough

MGH-PA's Tacoma Gallery
I have a bestop on mine (I had a softopper on my 96 as well). Mine is pretty water tight. There's only one small spot up by the passenger side rear corner that gets some water in under hard rains. I applied tent/canvas sealant to the seams when I installed it, though, and it's done quite well.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:01 AM   #4
the anti mpg
tacomajason is on a distinguished road
Air Force: E-4 2A551 Crew Cheif
tacomajason's Tacoma Gallery
anyone hae pics of the softtopper on an 05+?
Old 05-20-2009, 02:00 PM   #5
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
A lot cheaper option. I may look into that. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGH-PA View Post
I have a bestop on mine (I had a softopper on my 96 as well). Mine is pretty water tight. There's only one small spot up by the passenger side rear corner that gets some water in under hard rains. I applied tent/canvas sealant to the seams when I installed it, though, and it's done quite well.

Any regrets on the best top? How easy is installation?
Old 05-20-2009, 03:10 PM   #6
Rallyroo is on a distinguished road
Rallyroo's Tacoma Gallery
I like the idea of a soft topper, but being in SoCal, I'm always worried about security of items in the bed if I'm away from the vehicle for long periods of time.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:25 PM   #8
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
yea $150, real? Doesn't seam right but hey.... that's pretty awesome.

I haven't tried it yet but I'm gunna just get a tarp and put it over my undercover (hard tonneau) when it's up (on gas shocks). Then when I'm done I can close it and lock it...
Old 05-20-2009, 05:35 PM   #9
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
just do a search for "bestop" on here. I was asking about it a few months ago. got lots of good info
Old 05-20-2009, 05:38 PM   #10
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/dea...-supertop.html
Old 05-21-2009, 05:29 AM   #11
sammy is a jewel in the roughsammy is a jewel in the roughsammy is a jewel in the rough
sammy's Tacoma Gallery
I have a bestop on my reg. cab. I use it mostly for moving plants to plant sales, so the bed is usually wet anyway. I really don't think it leaks. If it does it is very minor. I like the versatility of it. It can be covered and within 10 minutes I can have an open bed without having to find a place to store the top. Sorry I don't have any pictures yet, but I will one day.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:13 AM   #12
MGH-PA will become famous soon enough

MGH-PA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
A lot cheaper option. I may look into that. Thanks!

Any regrets on the best top? How easy is installation?
Nope. I don't leave it on much. I use it very little in fact, but the times I do use it, it certainly has come in handy. I've camped out in it as well, and it's great for that. Installation was very easy. I did it by myself in an afternoon.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:14 AM   #13
05 prerunner AC for sale
uncledave1795 has a spectacular aura aboutuncledave1795 has a spectacular aura aboutuncledave1795 has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Name: Dave
uncledave1795's Tacoma Gallery
I have mine up for grabs... not sure if your still looking
My nephew is a local florida member...and can help with getting it to you.

click my sig pic for pics