Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Thanks TW for all the TSB info

Old 05-20-2009, 07:42 AM   #1
Taco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud of

Law Enforcement:
Taco's for All's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks TW for all the TSB info

I just wanted to take second to thank everyone on here that has posted about the rear leaf TSB. I ended up fathoming a story and giving it to Toyota and wound up with the 4-leaf pack and Billy's all the way around. If it weren't for TW, I wouldn't have known anything about it.

Now since I know we're all picture whores, I'll get them uploaded later in the day. The other question that I know will be asked is whether I took measurements.......I planned on it, but was in such a rush to get it dropped off and make it to work on time, I forgot. If I had to estimate, I'd say the back definately sits up a bit higher, no more than an inch though, I'll measure today and then in a few weeks and see how much it settles over time.

Again, Thanks to all!!
Old 05-20-2009, 07:44 AM   #2
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
That's great you were able to get it done on an 09. I see a lot of guys are having troubles with that.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:13 AM   #3
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
Glad we could help

We are pictures whores because we all love this truck and enjoy seeing the individual personality of each one!

Like harley guys, I give a solute to all Tacoma's I pass on the road. I don't much care if they share my enthusiasm and most likely they do not.

So yes, post some pictures
Old 05-20-2009, 08:17 AM   #4
JATaco will become famous soon enough
JATaco's Tacoma Gallery
I also want to thank everyone at TW. I didnt know about the TSB untill i found this website. Once i saw on TW i went outside to look at my leafs, you gussed it there were 3 not 4. I have a 07 DC TRD SR5 prerunner.At the time had 33k. I called 800# told them that the truck seemed to be bottoming out & had a harsh ride. The next day i got a call from a local dealer, and told me to bring it in. The service guy ask me how much weight were you carrying in the bed? i said about 400 lbs.& seamed to have a harsh ride. I was also there to get my 30k service ( just new plugs & diff.) the rest i did myself. It was only $200.00 which i thought was good.He said he would look into the harsh ride prob. I left the truck and went home. 2 hrs. later got a call from him saying they are going to do the TSB & the best part is they had them in stock! I picked it up that day. The rear sits a little higher & the ride seams a little stiffer, but i know i wont have a "harsh ride" anymore.Thanks TW. Now for the lift!
Old 05-20-2009, 10:23 AM   #5
white91formula is on a distinguished road
white91formula's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
That's great you were able to get it done on an 09. I see a lot of guys are having troubles with that.

that would be me.... 2 dealers have denied it and they both called toyota and they said no also.... apparently i cant use my truck as a truck
Old 05-20-2009, 10:33 AM   #6
Tacoma TSS
dalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dale
dalesrn's Tacoma Gallery
TSB Leaf Springs

I am still trying to decide if I am going to get the TSB done or not. I rarely load the bed or tow anything, but I don't want to miss out on something that will make my truck better. I only have 17000 miles on it now, so I have a little time to think about it. Unfortunately, this was the only place I have heard about this TSB. It is ashame that Toyota does not contact us about this.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:36 AM   #7
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DALESRN View Post
I am still trying to decide if I am going to get the TSB done or not. I rarely load the bed or tow anything, but I don't want to miss out on something that will make my truck better. I only have 17000 miles on it now, so I have a little time to think about it. Unfortunately, this was the only place I have heard about this TSB. It is ashame that Toyota does not contact us about this.
Your rear springs will settle after awhile, and by then you'll be out of warranty; at least mine did. It got worse this past year when I went to pick up firewood for the winter. The new Leaf Pack does not ruin the ride of your truck as dealers will claim. Take care of it now, or it'll cost $1300 down the road once your warranty expires.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:02 PM   #8
JATaco will become famous soon enough
JATaco's Tacoma Gallery
mine setteled after a few months & some heavy loads.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:13 PM   #9
needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....
jefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sex Panther
jefferson's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jefferson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco's for All View Post
I just wanted to take second to thank everyone on here that has posted about the rear leaf TSB. I ended up fathoming a story and giving it to Toyota and wound up with the 4-leaf pack and Billy's all the way around. If it weren't for TW, I wouldn't have known anything about it.

Now since I know we're all picture whores, I'll get them uploaded later in the day. The other question that I know will be asked is whether I took measurements.......I planned on it, but was in such a rush to get it dropped off and make it to work on time, I forgot. If I had to estimate, I'd say the back definately sits up a bit higher, no more than an inch though, I'll measure today and then in a few weeks and see how much it settles over time.

Again, Thanks to all!!
I cant tell, are you TRD? I tried to get mine done and they rejected me stating since it wasnt TRD they couldnt do anything about it.. i then said "but its a prerunner.. same suspension" and they said "Sorry kid" The end. I was pissed.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:09 PM   #10
StandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Prior service. KC135 Crew Chief
Name: John
StandingCow's Tacoma Gallery
I had to be pretty firm with my dealer, both of the first ladies tried to deny me... saying it was only up to 08.. had them check with the regional dude... he said to do it.

They ordered the parts and I go in next week.

My pride shall take yet another hit driving the rav 4 around and having people ask if this is my new car.