Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

for people with shells......

Old 05-20-2009, 07:32 PM   #1
The Not So New guy
ComaTosin has a spectacular aura aboutComaTosin has a spectacular aura aboutComaTosin has a spectacular aura about

Name: Drew
ComaTosin's Tacoma Gallery
for people with shells......

i just bought a shell used, put it on the truck and noticed that there is a considerable gap between the shell and the truck on the section that is behind the cab. (below the back windows the width of the truck) the gap is about 1". Am i missing a rubber seal or something? the two bed rails fit well and the tailgate seems good to. I will replace all foam seals as they are wornout but i need more than a new seal for the section in question - missing parts? anyone else with this problem? links for solutions would be great.
thanks.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:59 PM   #2
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
We are talking about the OEM cap right? Our year tacoma caps are specific to 2005+ tacomas and vice versa, no other cap will fit correctly.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:08 PM   #3
snowtaco is on a distinguished road
snowtaco's Tacoma Gallery
mine fits fairly well i dont see any gaps but i did buy it new
Old 05-21-2009, 04:35 AM   #4
The Not So New guy
ComaTosin has a spectacular aura aboutComaTosin has a spectacular aura aboutComaTosin has a spectacular aura about

My bad,
Forgot to mention that is is an A.R.E
I am beginning to think that it
Is for a different year it different truck.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:48 AM   #5
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!
Rtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rtrn2taco's Tacoma Gallery
If you plan to keep it and want to fill in the gap find a LEER dealer and order a Tacoma filler bar. It is an aluminum extrusion that fits behind th front tiedown rail and fills the gap. If the cap was designed for the 05+ the cap itself would fill this void.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:57 AM   #6
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
My A.R.E. shell has a rubber strip (about an inch thick) that goes b/w the shell and the truck in the place you described. I'm sure you can pick one up at a camper place.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:59 AM   #7
The Not So New guy

Cool. That is what I need to know. I'll search online first. My tonneau cover had this strip too. I will hunt for one.
Thanks.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:23 AM   #8
kbaum08 will become famous soon enough
kbaum08's Tacoma Gallery
My Jason also came with the rubber seal. The front section of the pickup bed is not ass high as the rest of the bed.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:43 AM   #9
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Oh I see what you're talking about now... yeah my tonneau is the same way, front and back. Easy stuff to find.