LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Maintenance light and oil change interval - please explain

Old 05-20-2009, 07:59 PM   #1
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
Maintenance light and oil change interval - please explain

What is the OCI (oil change interval) for the maintenance light? Can you change the mileage interval?

My first oil change was "on the house". They put a sticker in the corner of my windshield indicating the next mileage interval to change it again. I have passed that interval by 100 miles and the light has not come on yet. Will it?

To be sure, I wouldn't mind changing it early. If I do, can I reset the clock even though the light is not on yet?
Old 05-20-2009, 08:02 PM   #2
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311-Bravo 1/23 4th Mar. Div. Reserves
Name: Adam
Untamed_SS's Tacoma Gallery
Mine always comes on 5000 after I get the oil changed.

I think the techs have a way of setting it or something. But I don't really know.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:06 PM   #3
JATaco will become famous soon enough
JATaco's Tacoma Gallery
It comes on every 5k. just a reminder.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:03 PM   #5
VinceXR has a spectacular aura aboutVinceXR has a spectacular aura about

VinceXR's Tacoma Gallery
You just hold the trip reset button down and turn the key on. Continue to hold while the zeros count down, then it's reset. You can reset it after each oil change, you don't have to wait for it to come on.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:48 AM   #6
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
At 4500 miles, it'll flash 5 times when you first start the engine.

At 5000 miles, it'll come on constant.

At what mileage was your 'freebie' oil change? And how many miles did they put down at your next service?

I'm wondering if they wrote down the wrong mileage or assumed a 3,000 miles change instead of a 5.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:38 AM   #7
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
Actually, my eyes failed me

The sticker says 9K...not 8K. Course I was trying to read the thing while driving.

Glad to hear it's set to blink every 5K miles. Also, that's interesting that it begins to notify at 4500. Good to know.

Thanks for the help, everyone!
Old 05-21-2009, 10:23 AM   #8
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
At 4500 miles, it'll flash 5 times when you first start the engine.

At 5000 miles, it'll come on constant.

At what mileage was your 'freebie' oil change? And how many miles did they put down at your next service?

I'm wondering if they wrote down the wrong mileage or assumed a 3,000 miles change instead of a 5.

troof. mine is blinking @ me right now lol
prob change it tonight
Old 05-21-2009, 10:42 AM   #9
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnysrt2004 View Post

troof. mine is blinking @ me right now lol
prob change it tonight
same here, it's been blinking at me all week, she gets changed this weekend.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:45 AM   #10
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Information can be found here.

It is located under Mods & Tutorials.