Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Extended cab window glue ?

Old 05-20-2009, 08:24 PM   #1
Dave is a name known to allDave is a name known to allDave is a name known to allDave is a name known to allDave is a name known to allDave is a name known to all

Coast Guard: Retired LE
Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Extended cab window glue ?

Both of my Extended cab windows on my 08 Tacoma have streaks from what appears to be either the glue or the seal/gasket.

It does wash right off but it comes right back.

Has anyone else noticed this issue?

If so, did it finally go away?

Haven't spoken to the dealer as yet about it.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:29 PM   #2
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Can't say I've noticed it. Sure you haven't been using an ammonia based window cleaner that's deteriorating the adhesion material for the tint? I use Stoner's Invisible glass, have been since day one on my '08 and nothing. Also in AZ sitting outside not in the garage.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:58 PM   #3
Dave is a name known to allDave is a name known to allDave is a name known to allDave is a name known to allDave is a name known to allDave is a name known to all

Coast Guard: Retired LE
Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
Can't say I've noticed it. Sure you haven't been using an ammonia based window cleaner that's deteriorating the adhesion material for the tint? I use Stoner's Invisible glass, have been since day one on my '08 and nothing. Also in AZ sitting outside not in the garage.
No, I just clean them when I was it weekly.