Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

F150 or Sierra

View Poll Results: F150 or Sierra
2009 Ford F150 FX4 4x4 Xtra Cab 208 44.44%
2009 GMC Sierra 4x4 Xtra Cab 260 55.56%
Voters: 468. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-20-2009, 08:28 PM   #1
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
F150 or Sierra

I wanted to see a poll on the above trucks. I am debating between the two and am trying to outway the pro's and con's.

If you guys have any experience with these please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

These videos almost make me say Ford all the way!

http://www.fordvehicles.com/2009f150...ility/episode/
Old 05-20-2009, 08:30 PM   #2
taco@you123 has a spectacular aura abouttaco@you123 has a spectacular aura abouttaco@you123 has a spectacular aura about

taco@you123's Tacoma Gallery
i say toyota all the way!!!
Old 05-20-2009, 08:30 PM   #3
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Tundra.

Otherwise the GMC I guess, Ford sucks ass. Especially F150's, worst quality control of any vehicle ever.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:31 PM   #4
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

Watch the Video... Tundra is out of the question unfortunately
Old 05-20-2009, 08:34 PM   #5
j4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Jay
j4x4ar3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimcubby View Post

You're going to belive the frigging Ford marketing video to place your decision!!!!! Damn go do some real research ... We all have already made our choices and it wasn't for "American" quality!!

Let me add.. if you do actually do some real research you'll find that just about every reviewer stated that the Tundra beat the Ford in towing and they all said the Ford engine was yesterdays bad news which is the reason for the low marks. MAYBE when Ford releases the new engine later this year or early 2010 it may have a chance against the Tundra. As for the bed test and all the comments that have been made about the "flexible" Tundra bed. While all the reviewers admit the bed is a bit more flexible than most of the others they also said that the particular test Ford did and a few others was "rigged". Rigged because testing was done ahead of time to find out at what exact speed the Tundra would shake the most for the camera. They said it was 27mph. Now who the heck would by flying down the road in that bumpy of conditions in any of the tested trucks with the lack of controll they all had INCLUDING THE FORD... note their bed bouced quite a bit as well (when they weren't in slomo frame mode).

Bottom line .. go do some reading and not MARKETING flyers!!!
Old 05-20-2009, 08:36 PM   #6
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimcubby View Post
So you're going to take the tundra out over 25mph on concrete speed bumps designed specifically to tear the truck apart? I'll admit I'm not crazy about the c-frames like our trucks have also. However, if you really want a boxed frame it's easy enough to have a shop close it up and it'll do better than that F150...

Also if you want to do stuff like that, get out of the stock suspension components. They're not designed for that, especially full sized. They're designed to tow, haul, and carry a load in the bed. That said, I've taken my tacoma out to the washboard roads and everything, and it's more solid than that F150 could dream... all on the stock TRD blistens. Oh yea, it's still a C frame too.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:40 PM   #7
taco@you123 has a spectacular aura abouttaco@you123 has a spectacular aura abouttaco@you123 has a spectacular aura about

taco@you123's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
So you're going to take the tundra out over 25mph on concrete speed bumps designed specifically to tear the truck apart? I'll admit I'm not crazy about the c-frames like our trucks have also. However, if you really want a boxed frame it's easy enough to have a shop close it up and it'll do better than that F150...

Also if you want to do stuff like that, get out of the stock suspension components. They're not designed for that, especially full sized. They're designed to tow, haul, and carry a load in the bed. That said, I've taken my tacoma out to the washboard roads and everything, and it's more solid than that F150 could dream... all on the stock TRD blistens. Oh yea, it's still a C frame too.
nicely said i couldn't agree with u more
Old 05-20-2009, 08:41 PM   #8

Hmm understandable... I see I am going to get a lot of Tundra suggestions lol. Well just try and decide between those two please. I really would not get a Tundra I think the new body is fugly.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:42 PM   #9
Taco Traitor!
TRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to behold

TRD4x4858's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRD4x4858
If you mean the SVT Raptor then yeah get the ford, full size truck i say dodge 05-08
Old 05-20-2009, 08:43 PM   #11
lawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nice

lawnrevenge's Tacoma Gallery
Those videos make me never want a dodge or Tundra.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:44 PM   #12
Iron Beard

Well like I said, if you don't want a tundra go with the GMC of the two. I'd still rather go with a Ram over those two as well.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:45 PM   #13

I personally think Dodge is a terrible choice. I may be mistaken but from what I hear from many people you should stay away from a Dodge.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:46 PM   #14
lawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nice

lawnrevenge's Tacoma Gallery
Don't buy a GM. They are .gov now. They'll work as well as the DMV does.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:46 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
I'd buy the F-150 Raptor!!!

And Ford is definitely in a better position financially than GM ever will be.
I would love to go for the Raptor but I need it for work so that wouldn't be right choice. Super sick looking though makes me almost dare to look at the price!
Old 05-20-2009, 08:46 PM   #16
Taco Traitor!
TRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to behold

TRD4x4858's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRD4x4858
Old dodges yeah i would stay away, havent seen many problems in the newer versions 05+
Old 05-20-2009, 08:52 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
The fact that they are only building 6000 of them is going to jack up the price. You won't get the big discounts like you would on an FX4 or Lariat.
Yea that's why I am going FX4 it has some good discounts plus good off road capabilities. I am stocked I am finally going to have a 4x4 lol.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:53 PM   #19

I wonder how much of a discount I can get Ford to do?...