Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Typically....

Old 05-20-2009, 10:02 PM   #21
StandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Prior service. KC135 Crew Chief
Name: John
StandingCow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridingontrd View Post
.78 wider is the issue.New rims or spacers would be needed to clear the uca's.
265/75/16 BFG All Terrains vs stock 245/75/16

Isn't the 75 the width? So he isn't even going wider..? Or am I missing something?
Old 05-20-2009, 10:04 PM   #22
Jag/Nole Fanatic!
Rippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to behold

Rippin101's Tacoma Gallery
Lift and tires same time... trust me
Old 05-20-2009, 10:12 PM   #23
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
265/75/16 BFG All Terrains vs stock 245/75/16

Isn't the 75 the width? So he isn't even going wider..? Or am I missing something?
The 75 is a % of the width.which would be the 265-
Old 05-20-2009, 10:25 PM   #24
StandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Prior service. KC135 Crew Chief
StandingCow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridingontrd View Post
The 75 is a % of the width.which would be the 265-
Ah ok, thank you for the explanation.

So, if I wanted to do the same as this guy.. and get 265s as an upgrade over my 245s, I would need new rims as well?
Old 05-20-2009, 10:33 PM   #25
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
Ah ok, thank you for the explanation.

So, if I wanted to do the same as this guy.. and get 265s as an upgrade over my 245s, I would need new rims as well?
No,
Old 05-20-2009, 11:03 PM   #26
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I think you should save a little longer and get both at the same time....... The 265's would require a little trimming to fit at stock height.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:15 PM   #27
snowtaco is on a distinguished road
snowtaco's Tacoma Gallery
doing the lift will jsut help ya stand out alittle and make you alittle bigger.. once you get the tires youll get alittle more lift and it will complete the package even more
Old 05-20-2009, 11:25 PM   #28
Thread killer
LBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
just do the suspension 1st, that's what I did and now I can take forever to get new rims and tires. It's not that bad on the 245/75/16's with a 2-3" lift, see....
Attached Thumbnails
Typically....-truck2.jpg  
Old 05-20-2009, 11:28 PM   #29
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmat View Post
Is it typical for somebody to get wheels and tires first or get the suspension done first? I'm torn, Both are going to cost roughly the same, so I don't know which to do first.

I did suspension first, then I get new tires, and then I did suspension again.