Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Post your top 5 mods....

Old 05-20-2009, 11:21 PM   #1
Cpt. Bubbleguts
S7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
S7ICKlVlAN's Tacoma Gallery
Post your top 5 mods....

If you had to do it all over again. What would you do and in what order would they come? As a soon to be new owner, I would like to learn from the experts what I should be considering first.

So let's have it...Top 5 mods starting fresh and in sequence.

Mahalo, Kidd
Old 05-20-2009, 11:27 PM   #2
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
For the X-Runner trim, this would be my top 5

B&M Short Shifter
Big Brake Kit
TRD Supercharger
APR X-1 (Stage I kit)
Sittin Sic Track Ready Drop (Coils, leafs, sway bars)
Old 05-20-2009, 11:27 PM   #3
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
1. Head unit-I put in a decent alpine head unit a couple months after getting the truck. It is a great head unit but now I want a DVD NAV Hu. I wish I would have saved up that money now.
2. Speakers with amplifyer- I put in pretty good aftermarket speakers 6 months in. The sound quality is AMAzING compared to stock, but yet I wish I would have waited to get components.
Thats all i got for now i will finish tomorrow
Old 05-20-2009, 11:33 PM   #4
toku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

toku58's Tacoma Gallery

Wow! this is a hard question? Does money play any roll?

If you're looking for cheap Mods? Then I'd go with:
1. BED MAT
2. Dash lights
3. Front grill
4. Wet Okoles
5. Weathertec floor mats

Expensive mods?
1. Lift
2. Tires
3. UCA's
4. TRD SC
5. Gears
Old 05-20-2009, 11:39 PM   #5
Cpt. Bubbleguts
S7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
S7ICKlVlAN's Tacoma Gallery
Money is no object. Just what mods YOU would do, if you had to do it all over again and in what order (signifying your satisfaction with the result you got from it). I guess it would help to list some details about your base case before the mods. Eg. 4.0L V6, Auto, TRD O/R package, Access cab, etc....

Throughout the cars I've built, I've always done my own thing. Sometimes it was an expensive learning experience, sometimes I hit the nail on the head and it ended up being a mod I would recommend to other forum members. I think about all the money I could've saved, had I known then, what I know now....So instead of doing this all over again. Let us newbies learn from the pro's ya know?
Old 05-20-2009, 11:45 PM   #6
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
1. toytec lift/ coil spacers and AAL
2. rims & tires
3. HID's
4. image dynamics components
5. k&n CAI

If I could do it differently I would have gotten a dif lift from the start and installed it myself to save cash. I just ordered the fox 2.0 coilovers....
I would have gotten different tires, I have the nitto dune grapplers...I would have gotten something that performs better for less $$$...
And I would have skipped the K&N CAI and just gone with the AFE drop in filter
Old 05-20-2009, 11:50 PM   #7
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakleyTRD View Post
You have a sport so from an offroad perspective

1. Lift
2. Tires
3. Locker
4. Armor (Skids, Bumpers, Sliders)
5. CB Radio (Should be the first thing you add if you plan on off roading)
what kind of CB do you have?
Old 05-21-2009, 12:01 AM   #8

cool, I just PMd the guy whos got it going on. im about to get one too
Old 05-21-2009, 12:03 AM   #9
toku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

toku58's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd View Post
Money is no object. Just what mods YOU would do, if you had to do it all over again and in what order (signifying your satisfaction with the result you got from it). I guess it would help to list some details about your base case before the mods. Eg. 4.0L V6, Auto, TRD O/R package, Access cab, etc....

Throughout the cars I've built, I've always done my own thing. Sometimes it was an expensive learning experience, sometimes I hit the nail on the head and it ended up being a mod I would recommend to other forum members. I think about all the money I could've saved, had I known then, what I know now....So instead of doing this all over again. Let us newbies learn from the pro's ya know?
Ah O.K! if money isn't an issue?

I'd go for the Full SAS! This IFS is too sensitive! Dana 60 front and rear.

Too much little issue with any lift on these IFS.

Old 05-21-2009, 12:23 AM   #11
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
havent done 5 mods to my truck yet,
1. sound deadener, like it alot def. lower cab noise on highway
3. KN short ram really kicks in in upper RPMs
2. dvd HU dont have it to run dvds all the time yet
the 3 ive done in order
Old 05-21-2009, 12:39 AM   #13
TX
TEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TEX357's Tacoma Gallery
Expensive Mods

1. Lift- Got it
2.Tires - Got it
3.wheels - In the process
4.tint (very hot down here)- Got it
5.Flowmaster- In the process

Cheap Mods
(Done all Listed)

1. BHLM
2. Painted Grille Surround
3. Fog Lights On All the time
4.hose clamp
5. Blacked out Badges
Old 05-21-2009, 01:16 AM   #14
Do Work Son!
rossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rossk35's Tacoma Gallery
Expensive mods:
1. H.I.D. projector retrofit will be done to every car I own unless it comes from the factroy with hids. No PNP kits for me.
2. intake/exhaust and maybe headers
3. sound system (deadener, dvd player, sub, components)
4. rims/tires. Done when I need tires or if I don't like the stockers after awhile. Which is what I currently did.
5. TRD s/c but I could live without getting it again.

Cheap mods:
1. tint
2. BHLM
3. dash cover
4. bed mat
5. rear sway bar is a must.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:16 AM   #16
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
My top mods......
-Lift/wheels/tires
-tailgate reinforcement
-Cat back exhaust
-Alpine Stereo
-Off road protection(my custom bumper and my rock sliders I built)
Old 05-21-2009, 02:50 AM   #17
white+Peal has a spectacular aura aboutwhite+Peal has a spectacular aura about

Name: Kris
white+Peal's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to white+Peal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgman View Post
havent done 5 mods to my truck yet,
1. sound deadener, like it alot def. lower cab noise on highway
3. KN short ram really kicks in in upper RPMs
2. dvd HU dont have it to run dvds all the time yet
the 3 ive done in order
sound deadener what is that??
Old 05-21-2009, 02:52 AM   #18
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
products like dynamat, the one i used is called Second Skin
Old 05-21-2009, 07:34 AM   #20
mycoma is on a distinguished road
mycoma's Tacoma Gallery
These are my mods so far:
1. Dome Lights on with map lights
2. Oakley Seat covers
3. Bed Lights
4. Red Line Hood Struts
5. Beep on unlock of the doors