Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

adios

Old 05-21-2009, 07:42 AM   #1
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
adios

oh well...still got the platinum
Old 05-21-2009, 07:47 AM   #2
Simon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Simon2150's Tacoma Gallery
I'm getting close, I've got 33K on mine and I don't have any extended warranty...
What's the advantage of getting the platinum anyways? For example, say you didn't have the TSB done, well with that warranty, does the TSB still apply since you've got an extended warranty?
Old 05-21-2009, 07:50 AM   #4
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
At 36000 the tires go flat?
hahah i was thinking the exact same thing.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:53 AM   #5
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon2150 View Post
I'm getting close, I've got 33K on mine and I don't have any extended warranty...
What's the advantage of getting the platinum anyways? For example, say you didn't have the TSB done, well with that warranty, does the TSB still apply since you've got an extended warranty?
some dealers will still do TSBs after the 3/36k, but are not required to.

the platinum is pretty-much an extended bumper to bumper warranty. there are very few items that it will not cover. i bought the 7 year 100k platinum.

theres a great deal on the extended warranty around here somewhere...you have until 36k to purchase it.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:54 AM   #6
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Thank god I have the 100k + Extra Care ^_^

edit: so what does adios mean? are you trading it in... you just stated you have the 100k... I"M CONFUSED!!!
Old 05-21-2009, 08:00 AM   #7

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
nah...just saying goodbye to the comfort of knowing that any & all problems will be taken care of. this is the first vehicle i've ever owned with a warranty and have not had to worry about repairing out of my own pocket. ima drive this thing till they run out of gasoline!
Old 05-21-2009, 08:23 AM   #8
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Makes me wonder how many people have had warrantee work done AFTER 36k miles?

I've got about 10 months left with no extended warrantee. I'm debating whether to trust my Toyota instincts and go without.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:28 AM   #9
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
My 97 Tacoma went 175,000 with no issues. The wife's 02 4runner is at 155,000 now with no issues. I'd take the gamble and not get the extended warranty. Just my opinion.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:41 AM   #10
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
I think Im about 3K shy. I got the platinum warranty also, lets hope it is actually worth it.
What do you mean by you hope its worth it? LoL... do you mean you hope that something breaks and you get your moneys worth? or do you mean you hope that nothing breaks and you never needed it

Personally, I'm considering running the piss outta mine to break shit around 90k that way I have all new shit for the next 100k. Sounds like a good idea right? LoL.... I'm kidding anyways.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:49 AM   #11
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
My 97 Tacoma went 175,000 with no issues. The wife's 02 4runner is at 155,000 now with no issues. I'd take the gamble and not get the extended warranty. Just my opinion.
You have a 1st generation Tacoma. They've already prooved themselves worthy over the years - hands down!! I had a 96 and it was awesome!!

These 2nd gen trucks are only 4 years old.... They have BIG shoes to fill (1st gen shoes). They still have a lot to proove.....

I still whole-heartedly believe in Toyota products. But in this day-n-age where companies are cost cutting and making things cheaper to gain bigger profits..... I dunno. I mean...look at the Leaf spring TSB. That's a perfect example of 'cost cutting' and cheapness.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:14 AM   #13
kbaum08 will become famous soon enough
kbaum08's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like your warranty is gone, so what. How many times have you had a warranty situation so far? How many posts regarding warranty type issues after 36K have you seen on this forum? Don't worry sounds like your truck isn't even broke in yet. You may have to worry if you did not have a Tacoma, enjoy the next 100K.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:23 AM   #14
snowtaco is on a distinguished road
snowtaco's Tacoma Gallery

thats what im talkin about beat getting that milage haha
Old 05-21-2009, 10:03 AM   #15
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
yeah both my 90 & 95 toyota trucks were trouble free over 150k too....

My 06 has had the 4WD acuator fail, the 02 sensor fail, rear tsb, brake tsb, intake rattle tsb, & getting ready to take it in for the gas door hinge that is about to break off. All under 30k.

Bought the platinum 7/100/0 for sure. Ended up costing $875 after rebate from Troy so not too bad and if I need it will have it.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:14 AM   #16
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
....is a delicious drink...
Old 05-21-2009, 10:16 AM   #17
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Hold on. It seems like everyone has the 7/100,000 mile warranty. I got the 5/75,000 mile warranty. Does that one even exist?
Old 05-21-2009, 10:22 AM   #18
Desert Rat
AzPrerunner05 is a name known to allAzPrerunner05 is a name known to allAzPrerunner05 is a name known to allAzPrerunner05 is a name known to allAzPrerunner05 is a name known to allAzPrerunner05 is a name known to all

AzPrerunner05's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
No extended. I'm almost at 79k right now on an '05.
No issues (knock on wood), then again. This is just another reason I bought a Toyota.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:38 AM   #19
tacomanoob14 is on a distinguished road
tacomanoob14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Hold on. It seems like everyone has the 7/100,000 mile warranty. I got the 5/75,000 mile warranty. Does that one even exist?
i am pretty sure i got the 75k warranty when i was signing papers.... never had a problem w the truck so i would need to look over my contract
Old 05-21-2009, 10:38 AM   #20

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbaum08 View Post
Sounds like your warranty is gone, so what. How many times have you had a warranty situation so far? How many posts regarding warranty type issues after 36K have you seen on this forum? Don't worry sounds like your truck isn't even broke in yet. You may have to worry if you did not have a Tacoma, enjoy the next 100K.
i've been needing to get a new HVAC blower motor for a few months now...tickity tickity tick...still covered under extended. so when i get time. there's a mutitude of parts, that if they fail will pay for the warranty relativly quickly. i know i shouldn't worry, but with my luck had i not bought extended, my tranny would go out at 37k. my T-100 ran great for me up to about 190k, then things started to fail or wear out...then i bought my current truck.