TuRDTACO is on a distinguished road

TuRDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TuRDTACO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
It's called "Throttle by wire" .....
Here's some information about it.
http://www.picotech.com/auto/applica...e_control.html

Whether or not those claims are legit or not - it's completely possible that such things CAN occur. Overall -everything is completely controlled by the computer. If there aren't any programming flaws within the system - computers can get flakey from time to time. They're not perfect. I've had my 2007 for about 9 months now and I pay attention to my truck and what it does - and there are times where it does some weird things (rpm's, shifting, etc). Anyone with a tacoma should take these claims seriously and keep them in the back of your mind - cuz you never know. I'm sure Toyota is sweating bullets trying to figure this out....and I'm sure it's not easy to find the asnwers.
my R6 has an electronically controlled throttle, it's friggin awesome on this
Old 12-06-2007, 11:06 AM   #22
Old Goat
Don G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st MAW  MAG12  VMA-251,  (1953)
Don G's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
and more importantly did they confirm this as a problem for the 07 and 08 taco's or are the jury's still out? seems like it would log this error in the onboard computer. do you know if this has been an actual confirmed reason for the acceleration?
They didn't confirm anything but admitted it's possible! !!!
Old 12-06-2007, 01:27 PM   #23
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don G View Post
They didn't confirm anything but admitted it's possible! !!!
thats scary.... isnt this how Terminator started?
Old 12-06-2007, 05:40 PM   #24
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Overall -everything is completely controlled by the computer. If there aren't any programming flaws within the system - computers can get flakey from time to time. They're not perfect. I've had my 2007 for about 9 months now and I pay attention to my truck and what it does - and there are times where it does some weird things (rpm's, shifting, etc). Anyone with a tacoma should take these claims seriously and keep them in the back of your mind - cuz you never know. I'm sure Toyota is sweating bullets trying to figure this out....and I'm sure it's not easy to find the asnwers.
Quote:
thats scary.... isnt this how Terminator started?
It is the beginning of the end. Tacoma's are going to take over the world. With their reputation for being indestructable, how will we ever defeat them?
Old 12-07-2007, 12:20 AM   #25
Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
It is the beginning of the end. Tacoma's are going to take over the world. With their reputation for being indestructable, how will we ever defeat them?
i have no clue, they survive World of Warcraft, Loch Ness Monster attacks, asteroids exploding the earth, psycho jealous ex g/f's....they really would be unstoppable
Old 12-07-2007, 08:35 AM   #26
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuRDTACO View Post
i have no clue, they survive World of Warcraft, Loch Ness Monster attacks, asteroids exploding the earth, psycho jealous ex g/f's....they really would be unstoppable
i dont think i have seen the jealous x gf yet. i need to look for that one
Old 12-07-2007, 08:49 AM   #27
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:

That is the one where she pushes it off the cliff, and yells, "NO!!!" as it lands on all 4 unscathed.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:47 AM   #28

nd's Tacoma Gallery
oh yeah, i've seen that one.... i love those commercials
Old 12-08-2007, 12:22 AM   #29

Quote:
she is pissed because her bf loved his taco more than her, so she pushed it off a cliff to prove her point and it just tumbled, bounced, landed on it's wheels without a scratch on it and she flipped out haha
Old 12-08-2007, 12:23 AM   #30

Quote:
oh yeah, i've seen that one.... i love those commercials
the tacoma commercials are AT LEAST the most entertaining and funny commercials for cars or trucks that are out right now, and they just keep getting better
Old 12-08-2007, 06:20 AM   #31
ellsworth is on a distinguished road
ellsworth's Tacoma Gallery
Question seniors driving.

Quote:
Yeah, i was afraid i was gonna piss off some seniors and women but there was really no delicate way to get across what i was trying to say. oh well....
Young drivers are the largest offenders of reckless driving period...I am 36 and I use to drive like a #$hole and most of my friends dove like @#$holes as well. I look back at all the wrecks I almost got into and the disregard for others safety out of pure ignorance. There is no such thing as an accident, thats just BS people use to soften the fact that someone had a lack of insight on their driving or was careless.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:15 AM   #32
106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about

106Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Um my truck does that, but i really dont care lol. It happens on the highway, after i turn the cruise on sometimes it keep accelerating so i have to tap the break, and sometimes when im at a red light it will surge rmps and learch forward. I probly should have the dealer look at it as these people had really bad experiences. But i love my truck.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:52 AM   #33
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellsworth View Post
Young drivers are the largest offenders of reckless driving period...I am 36 and I use to drive like a #$hole and most of my friends dove like @#$holes as well. I look back at all the wrecks I almost got into and the disregard for others safety out of pure ignorance. There is no such thing as an accident, thats just BS people use to soften the fact that someone had a lack of insight on their driving or was careless.
Post of the year candidate. I am also 36 and all of that is exactly my experience. I don't buy this "sudden acceleration" crap and nobody has proven it actually exists as of yet. I'm willing to bet it's driver error and not a computer problem. I mean, who believes everything they see in the media anyway? Bad news = profits.
Old 12-08-2007, 02:25 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellsworth View Post
There is no such thing as an accident, thats just BS people use to soften the fact that someone had a lack of insight on their driving or was careless.
you're absolutely right, because "accidents" can be avoided. most vehicles are involved in collisions because the drivers involved were being careless in a couple ways and it just happened to cause a wreck. an accident would be not setting the parking brake and your truck rolling down a hill and into a river
Old 12-08-2007, 06:05 PM   #35
LRH is on a distinguished road
LRH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 106Tacoma View Post
Um my truck does that, but i really dont care lol. It happens on the highway, after i turn the cruise on sometimes it keep accelerating so i have to tap the break, and sometimes when im at a red light it will surge rmps and learch forward. I probly should have the dealer look at it as these people had really bad experiences. But i love my truck.

That is what it is supposed to do when you use the "resume" feature of your cruise control.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:12 PM   #36
106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about

No this happens when my cruise has been on. All of a sudden it will take off on its own, not going uphill or anything, smooth flat road.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:37 PM   #37
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
The "lurch" is a different problem. From what I understand, it's a torque converter issue.
Old 12-08-2007, 10:47 PM   #38

Quote:
No this happens when my cruise has been on. All of a sudden it will take off on its own, not going uphill or anything, smooth flat road.
i can only thing of one solution to that, roll down the window, stick your head out and yell WEEEEEEEEE as loud as you can, and keep yelling it while you enjoy the ride
Old 12-09-2007, 09:02 AM   #39

HAHA, yea ill try that today.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:37 PM   #40

Quote:
HAHA, yea ill try that today.
i will too if my taco ever takes off on it's own lol