Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Strip Light

Old 05-21-2009, 11:32 PM   #1
Shades_Of_Red will become famous soon enough

Shades_Of_Red's Tacoma Gallery
Strip Light

Does anyone have one of the combo tail/brake/turn signal strip lights that mount between the bottom of the tailgate and the rear bumper? I've been looking at them but wasn't sure if there was enough room to install one on a tacoma.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:39 PM   #2
Okkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to behold

Okkine's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen them on Tacomas before... though I've never payed attention as to whether they were mounted to the gate, or below it....
Old 05-22-2009, 12:20 AM   #3
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Don't do that man, it's reserved for... uh well. Yea. Don't do it they're hideous :/ Might as well run about 200ft of chrome around the truck too.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:22 AM   #4
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
Don't do that man, it's reserved for... uh well. Yea. Don't do it they're hideous :/ Might as well run about 200ft of chrome around the truck too.
so that much chrome is a bad thing
Old 05-22-2009, 12:24 AM   #5
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-22-2009, 04:25 AM   #6
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
Gotta get me some of those vents for the engine compartment. Do they come in chartruse?
Old 05-22-2009, 04:31 AM   #7
Rude Boy |><|
Phantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Phantom_X-SP's Tacoma Gallery
Its called a light bar and it is mounted between the tailgate and the bumper. It may need to be modified so you can still drop the spare.

Pic compliment of tc2008
Old 05-22-2009, 04:33 AM   #8
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
In regards to that red thing above.....Now there's some instant depreciation. Might as well give it a salvage title too. Looks totalled.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:38 AM   #9
SHunter080703 is a glorious beacon of lightSHunter080703 is a glorious beacon of lightSHunter080703 is a glorious beacon of lightSHunter080703 is a glorious beacon of lightSHunter080703 is a glorious beacon of light

SHunter080703's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom_X-SP View Post
I believe it is called "line of fire." Recon sells them gorecon.com
Old 05-22-2009, 04:57 AM   #10
Rude Boy |><|
Phantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Phantom_X-SP's Tacoma Gallery
The one pictured is made by PUTCO
Old 05-22-2009, 05:04 AM   #11
UNDESTRUCTABLE
Imagine7721 has a spectacular aura aboutImagine7721 has a spectacular aura aboutImagine7721 has a spectacular aura about

Army: OIF 07-09, 09-11, OND 2011 3rd Battalion, 8th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Cavalry Division
Name: Casey
Imagine7721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgman View Post
I think that I just threw up a little in my mouth.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:02 AM   #13
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
i agree with the rest of you..I bougt one of them years back when no one had one..now ive seen them on everything, right down to a station wagon.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:05 AM   #14
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thats in Mexico right? SOrry, just had to!!
Old 05-22-2009, 07:09 AM   #15
BlueNorthToyo will become famous soon enough

BlueNorthToyo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

This guys should never be allowed to abuse a Taco like this ever again! Thats complete distruction of a good truck.

You guys see the Jaguar hood ornament bolted about a foot up the hood! Holy $hit
Old 05-22-2009, 07:12 AM   #16
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNorthToyo View Post
This guys should never be allowed to abuse a Taco like this ever again! Thats complete distruction of a good truck.

You guys see the Jaguar hood ornament bolted about a foot up the hood! Holy $hit
Friggin A!!!! You are right man! I didn't even notice that because I could only look at it for so long without my eyes crapping out on me.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:19 AM   #17
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
that guy walked into PepBoys, walked down the chrome stick-on aisle and said "yeah, I'll take it all".
Hhaha, for sure! That Tacoma should be illegal though.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:27 AM   #18
Newbie here
GT_Taco will become famous soon enough

GT_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to GT_Taco Send a message via Yahoo to GT_Taco
I know some people don't like em.. but guys, have a little respect for some people that do. I have a plasmaglow firestorm on mine. it mounts in the gap between the bumper and tailgate and I personally think it looks great. It also has a scrolling turn signal like a police light bar when you signal a lane change. There were a few guys at the dealership that thought it looked really good. I personally like the look of it so long as it looks professionally installed and not one of those cheesy 'stick on' lights.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:32 AM   #19
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
If you do the light bar, you have to put chrome on your window guards like Mr. Supercool w/ the red taco.

Hey... wait a minute... doesn't somebody on here use that skull on the gas door as his avitar???
Old 05-22-2009, 07:32 AM   #20
BlueNorthToyo will become famous soon enough

BlueNorthToyo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT_Taco View Post
I know some people don't like em.. but guys, have a little respect for some people that do. I have a plasmaglow firestorm on mine. it mounts in the gap between the bumper and tailgate and I personally think it looks great. It also has a scrolling turn signal like a police light bar when you signal a lane change. There were a few guys at the dealership that thought it looked really good. I personally like the look of it so long as it looks professionally installed and not one of those cheesy 'stick on' lights.

I'm not bashing the light bar man.. Its the "Tachroma" above that is getting everyone up in arms.