1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Opinions on Wheeler's 3 leaf AAL

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Metallikatz3, May 22, 2009.

1. May 22, 2009 at 7:20 AM
    Metallikatz3

Metallikatz3 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    SLC, UT
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB OR
    Always in process
    Anyone have this? Thoughts on it compared to a single AAL? I like the idea that it has progressive spring rates to maintain a soft(ish) ride untill the spring is under a heavier load.

2. May 22, 2009 at 7:23 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I think you'll find that any leaf spring is progressive- The single AAL just change the feel from the stock pack a bit.
    I'm installing mine sometime in the next month...but I'm excited about it. I'm still not sure if I'm going to remove the overload leaf or not. I'm thinking I'll leave it in there and see what happens.

3. May 22, 2009 at 8:43 AM
    ComaTosin

ComaTosin The Not So New guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Atlanta, GA
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 PreRunner
    see my sig
    i just installed mine. i took out a 2" block and the factory overload spring. it feel SO MUCH BETTER. i was amazed. i have not loaded up the bed too much yet so I'm not sure how the new springs will handle under load. I also installed a wheelers 1" block to make the truck level. BTW i also have the OME 182 that improved the feel as well. :)

Products Discussed in

To Top